Returns : Added - Beta 1.4.6.2

Started by finnstyle, January 03, 2007, 02:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

it'd be cool if we could record credit memos in QB for returns and stuff. the ability to do negative quantities for exchanges... that sort of thing would be nifty.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I added this to my list.  This may be a longer lead item, though.  We'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Just adding my 2 cents on this .... I'm finding that this is really needed by more and more clients.  It would be awesome to have the Credit Memo's added; even if we have to manually adjust it once it's imported.

Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

I'm happy to be able to say we are working on this in correlation with the addition of purchasing tools.  There will now be a status variable for each item in each order.  This way items can be marked as returned with a date they were returned.  They can also be marked backordered (as now), on order (with a PO linked to them) and canceled (for items that were never sent to the customer).  Once this data is stored in the order we will proceed to add ability to create credit memos for items that were returned.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Ok, that makes me do the Happy Dance  :-D

Thanks - you guys Rock!!
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

This feature was requested a LONG time again, but it is finally available in the new beta release.  Here's how you use the new features:

• If you want to charge a restocking fee, you will need to go to the store settings before entering the return and going to the "Order Processing Automation" tab and enter a percentage restocking fee and can choose whether items added to returns should by default charge a restocking fee or not.
  • On the order details page you will find a new tab next to the tree that shows the shipments and items in each shipment.  These tabs toggle between showing the shipments and returns in the order.
  • You can change this tab to the "Returns" and click the "Add Return" button.
  • Press the "Generate" button if you want to add a 4 character random string to the end of the return number to make an RMA number to give to your customer.
  • In the return details screen, you can select each item in the order and set the number that the customer is returning.  You can also select a reason they are returning the item(s) and whether to charge a restocking fee.
  • After choosing all the items that belong in the return, you can  the return to one of the existing shipments or press the "New" button to create a new shipment and then select it.
  • After entering all the items to include in the return, you can press the email button and choose an email template you have defined for sending to customers that have a return.  Note that the following variables can be used in returns:

return_idReturn ID
    return_id_suffixSuffix added manually or created with the 'Generate' button
    return_date_createdDate the return was created
    return_date_receivedDate the return was received
    return_itemsNumber of items in the return
    Additionally, you can use all the item_ variables and it will show the item information just for the items in the order.
  • Press "Ok" to save and close the return when you are done.
  • SuperManager will automatically mark the item(s) in the return as returned and will change the status to "Return Pending" if the return is not yet received or "Returned" if it has been marked received.
  • If the return is marked received, SuperManager will ask if you would like to issue a credit and will prefill the credit amount with the amount owned back to the customer.
  • A new SuperFilter was added to SuperFilter by date a return was received.
  • A new "QuickBooks Returns" XML exchange was added to export return(s) in an order to QuickBooks as credit memos.

We hope that the new features will be of use to many of our customers.  We welcome any feedback!

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com