Error says Orders weren't downloaded, but they were : Fixed - Version 1.1.7.7

Started by qbsrox, January 17, 2007, 08:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

I've run into this issue a few times - we will get an error message that the orders are unavailable or the server is timed out (I will write down the exact message next time) - yet once we click through the error message all the orders are imported.

Is this a known issue to a specific version or set-up?  I have also noticed that if we try to download to many orders at a time from Yahoo we will get an error and have to redo smaller batches.  This does not happen with all clients, just a few.

Thanks,
Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

I am not aware of the first issue.  I have noticed the second issue myself.  The time outs happen on the Yahoo side.  We can try to make SuperManager more robust against them to avoid having to just start over, even when it may have successfully transfered a lot of orders already.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

I kind of think they are related, and probably more on the Yahoo side.  When the orders really do download, that's not a problem - we just click through the error message.  When it comes back and didn't download any, that's kind of a pain (usually it's because we just selected 'get new orders') - so then we know there are to many to transmit at one time.  This doesn't happen with everyone, it really is an intermittent problem with certain users.

I'll keep a closer eye on it and see if I can find any other similarities for you.  There are other things on the 'Wish List' that we need first - as long as this works it's just a minor inconvenience sometimes.

Thanks,
Rox
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

I added some better localized error checking in beta version 1.1.7.7 that will catch errors right after they occur so that orders that were already downloaded will get imported anyway and a warning will come up saying there are still additional orders to download.  I think this will resolve both problems that we discussed.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com