Freezes entire computer during QB transfer: Fixed - Version 1.1.7.7

Started by finnstyle, April 19, 2007, 08:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

When I was transferring my orders to QB last night, my computer froze up completely, to the point where Cntl-Alt-Del didn't do anything. I did a hard shut down and tried again, this time with ONLY supermanager and QB open. Same thing happened. I did another hard shut down and then just tried transferring one order, which worked. I transferred a few more one and two at a time, successfully, until the last order, which caused the same problem. I gave up trying and just entered that particular order manually into QB.
Nothing really was strange about the order, it was manual, but we have transferred many manual orders successfully without this occurring.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

Can you please send me an xml file containing the problematic order?  To get an xml file just select the order on the order list, right click and choose "Export" | "Yahoo" | "Orders XML".  Then save the XML file to your computer and email it to me.  I'll try to import it into a test QB file and see if I run into the same problem.  We'll work with it from there depending on if I can repeat the problem in that way.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I debugged this and figured out the problems that were making this occur.  There was actually a series of conditions that stacked up to make it freeze up like this.  The freeze itself was caused by SuperManager not correctly limiting the number of possible variants for a product without actually figuring out names for them all like it is supposed to.  The thing that brought it on was that you still have several products that have "None" as a product code.  All of them combined has massed up a total of 54038250 possible variants because of all the combinations of all the different options for all these products.  This order just happened to contain the item that SuperManager has selected to combine all these options into causing it to have to sort through all the possible options and figure it out before either deciding to go with the parent item "None" instead.

This will no longer freeze the new version I will be releasing next, but there is a good way to fix this problem without having it.  Have your designers add a product code to this and all the remaining "None" product code products.  Then you will have to update the product list from Yahoo and it should bring this product in with only the options really belonging to it and it won't happen anymore.  In order to clear out the existing product options you will likely have to delete this (and only this) particular product before updating the products.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com