News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Trouble exporting to Quickbooks

Started by doberry, July 07, 2007, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doberry

I'm using Quickbooks Basic 2003. I don't know if that if my problem right there.

I've downloaded the patch but it keeps saying "Quickbooks runtime not properly installed. (hr=-2147221005). Would you like to download the installer at this time? I have but nothing working yet.

I've had the path correct and tried it blank. With quickbooks open.

I've searched the forum and have tried everything.

Do you offer any kind of service fee to help with installation?

David Johns

doberry,

You are correct.  The QuickBooks runtime libraries that we use to access and send items to QuickBooks with do not support QuickBooks Basic.  Sorry about that, but our hands are tied by Intuit on that matter since they have determined not to have these version supported by their runtime and there is no other way that they support for interfacing with their products.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

doberry

Okay, I haven't ever had a need to upgrade yet, but I guess I'll have to bite the bullet.

Is it correct that you don't support 2007 yet? Will you ever be able to?

So  in purchasing  a new Quickbooks, 2003, 04, 05 or 06 do I just need to pick Pro. I know they have come out with a lot of business specific options. Do I have to stay away from any ones in particular.

Thanks for the info.

David Johns

doberry,

SuperManager does work with QuickBooks 2007.  Here is a complete list of the supported versions taken from the Intuit documentation:

The following table lists the different versions of QuickBooks and the
corresponding versions of the qbXML specifications that support them. (Note:
QuickBooks Mac, QuickBooks Basic, UK Simple Start edition, and the Canadian
QuickBooks Easy Start Edition do not support the SDK.)

QuickBooks 2007 and Enterprise 7.0
QuickBooks 2006 and Enterprise 6.0
QuickBooks 2005 and Enterprise 5.0
QuickBooks 2004 (and Enterprise 4.0)
QuickBooks 2003, Enterprise 3.0* (R7 and above)
QuickBooks 2002 (R2 and above) (and Enterprise)*
QuickBooks 2002 (R1)
QuickBooks 2004-2007 Canadian

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Hi, i'm working with the trial & it seems fantastic.  the forums are great.  i've got the same problem as doberry but i'm using quickbooks pro 2005.
any advice? :-)

David Johns

grr,

Glad you found the user forums.  In general we prefer answering questions here rather than via email.  They way the answers can potentially help a broader audience.

This kind of error typically occurs if you have a previous version of the QuickBooks runtime installed.  Please go in windows to "Start" | "Control Panel" and choose "Add/Remove Programs".  Look down the list for something called "QBFC" and tell me the names of any entries that look like that.  It sounds as if you have QBFC 4.0 and QBFC 5.0 installed.  If this is the case, you will have to uninstall both of these entries, Uninstall QuickBooks, reinstall QuickBooks and then let SuperManager re-install QBFC 5.0.  This is the problem with QuickBooks' runtime installers I mentioned before if this is the case.  Let me know what you find on your list.

Report back here on what you find.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

David, thanks for your answer.

I have QBFC 4.0 & something called
QBXMLRP2.  There is no QBFC 5.0

we've moved & i don't know in which box we placed the quickbooks disc.  so it would be great if i can avoid uninstalling quickbooks.

goldie :-)

David Johns

Goldie,

That seems to be your problem - you have QBFC4.0 installed and SuperManager needs QBFC5.0 and QBXMLRP2.  Try uninstalling QBFC4.0 and then run the QuickBooks XML exchange again in SuperManager.  This will tell you, as before, that the runtime is not installed and ask you if you would like to install it.  Choose yes and allow it to install QBFC5.0.  After running to that point hopefully the installer will work in your case and it will work without having to uninstall and re-install QuickBooks.  Let us know how it goes!

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Thank you!

I've got a file saved in my Documents called "super manager patch QBFC4_0Installer".  Should I delete this as well?

Goldie :|

I deleted the file & went ahead with the xml exchange.  I chose yes & let it install.  Still not working.  Right now, I don't see any QBFC file in my control panel- add/ remove programs.

Goldie

David Johns

Yes - but just to avoid any confusion.  It will not impact the functionality as long as you don't install it.  But, just to keep things clean I would recommend it.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

I deleted the file & went ahead with the xml exchange.  I chose yes & let it install.  Still not working.  Right now, I don't see any QBFC file in my control panel- add/ remove programs.

IAm i installing the correct patch?

Goldie

I just went back & checked the manual. It seems i originally installed QbFC 4.0 from the manual on page 47

David Johns

Goldie,

There are actually two things that need to be installed.  SuperManager should take you through the process of installing both of them.  In case it is not here is the link to the one that you are most likely missing:

http://www.thesupermanager.com/download/redistributables/QBFC5_0Installer.exe

just in case the other one is

http://www.thesupermanager.com/download/redistributables/QBXMLRP2Installer.exe

Keep us posted...

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

thanks for the correct link
goldie :-)

finnstyle

It only gave me the first file as well, but that link helped, thank you!
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

all4mykid

HELP
After reading the forum and folowing the questions concerning the XML Exchange and intuit patches, I went back and deleted all of the patches, started over and downloaded both the QBFC4_0Installer and the  QBFC5_0Installer and I am still getting the error "Quickbooks runtime not properly installed. (hr=-2147221005).

I have no idea what else to do.
Angela