Worldship XML Import

Started by mfc, July 24, 2007, 07:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfc

When importing the XML file in Worldship, the log file has an error for each order

1.  The Service is not a supported UPS Service Type.

Any ideas how to fix this?  We have UPS Ground Residential as our default shipping.  Thanks.

David Johns

mfc,

Have you already set the service types and package types in SuperManger?  Before exporting the first time to WorldShip or other shipping programs you will need to map the Yahoo shipping methods with the shipping software's shipping service types.  To do this:

1. Choose "View" | "Store Settings" from the main menu.
2. Select the "Custom Fields" tab
3. Double click on each shipping method on the list, choose "WorldShip XML" on the list of exports and choose a "ship class for selected export" from the list.

Let us know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mfc

That worked.  I did not realize the packages would be processed automatically.   We pack, weight and measure each box and process manually.  Some of the weights are incorrect or the air packages had wrong dimensions so we had to void all the packages.  Is there a way to use XML without the automatic processing?

David Johns

mfc,

This feature in WorldShip is quite new and frankly I am not sure.  You may want to consult with the WorldShip manual, help screens or customer support.

One thing I can offer, however, is that you can update the weights in SuperManager.  To do so on the main order(s) list just select the order containing the shipment(s) you want to send, right click and choose "Shipments" | "Enter Weights".  You can enter the weight and hit the enter key to progress to the next selected order until you have entered weights for all the shipments, then while still selected right click again and send them to WorldShip.

Is each box you ship a unique size or do you use standard sizes?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mfc

Unfortunately each box size is unique.  The weights should not be a problem when it comes to ground packages but air packages are based on dimensions.  A t-shirt can go in a small express box where as a poster and a larger item require unique sized boxes. I will keep playing with it.