News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Unable to load orders successfully

Started by Charlotte, August 04, 2007, 01:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

I am a new user in my trial period and I've completed all the setup activities through importing the products from my Yahoo store. Unfortunately, I have been unable to successfully import the orders without Supermanager crashing. I started by trying to import all my 2007 orders. They appeared to import successfully but I received a message that an unknown error had occurred and Supermanager locked up. I had to use task manager to shut down the program and the orders were gone when I reopened Supermanager.

I tried again, importing just 1000 orders and the same thing happened, only this time I also got the message "an unknown error has occurred and Supermanager was forced to close" along with instructions for opening the recovered backup file. I couldn't get Supermanager to open again and my whole system froze. I received this message at shutdown: "Supermanager.exe application error the instruction at "0x004746ae" referenced memory at "0x00000002c". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate this program.

I have attempted two more times to import orders, these times with just July and August orders, and still no success. What next?

David Johns

Charlotte,

Very sorry that the initial starting up has not gone as easily as it should.  Since this is not a common occurance there must be something specific about your setup or store that is causing this to happen.  Is it possible for you to send me the recover.sbk file or your smg file from just before you tried to download orders?  This is likely the only way I can repeat this problem and figure out how to work around it or fix it.  You can send the file as a password protected zip file using your license key for the password or use the free www.sendthisfile.com service to send it securely to us.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Charlotte

David Johns

Charlotte,

I was able to download orders successfully.  I did notice one thing that could have made the difference.  I did not have the report template that you are having it autoprint.  It makes me wonder if there is something with that autoprint report template that is causing it to crash.  Of course, this should not happen, and we will adress the issue to make it no longer produce problems.  I would, however, like you to try turning off that autoprint report and trying to download orders again just to see if that fixes the problem with it crashing.  Let me know how that test turns out.

Also - can you please go to "Help" | "About The SuperManager" and tell me what version is installed?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Charlotte

I turned off the report but still received the following message: "Error downloading orders - An unknown error has occurred."  The software has not crashed, however, and is attempting to download again. The verion is 1.1.6.0.

Charlotte

Here's another message -- haven't seen this one before: "Runtime error! Program: C:\Program Files\Super Manager\SuperManager.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Guess I was a bit hasty with my previous message. The program has crashed.

Charlotte

I was able to load some orders by starting with the current orders and working backwards one month at a time.  Then I received this message: "Unknown error has occured and SuperManager was forced to close. Failed to save recovery files. Sorry for the inconvenience." I have not yet been able to process an order, but at least I have a few loaded as I've worked my way through every error messsage in the book. Most are still there when I reopened the program.

Charlotte

I gave up trying use the get orders function to get small blocks of orders at a time to populate my orders database because of repeated error messages and software crashes. I was successful at loading 500 orders through an xml import. Supermanager then crashed when I attempted to load the next group of 500 orders with the same message as reported above "Unknown error has occured and SuperManager was forced to close. Failed to save recovery files. Sorry for the inconvenience." I tried again with an xml import and received the message "Unable to add 1000 orders." Then I tried with only 500 and recieved the message ""an unknown error has occurred and Supermanager was forced to close" along with instructions for opening the recovered backup file. This is getting very frustratrating and enormously time consuming! Have other first-time users experienced the same instability of SuperManager when trying to load their orders for the first time?

David Johns

Charlotte,

I'm very sorry to hear about how difficult it has been for you.  I don't remember any other first time users that ran into problems just getting the orders to download.  I am at a loss at to what could be causing this.  Like I said - with the file you sent I was able to download over a thousand orders without a hitch.  I do have one thought.  Please try upgrading the the beta version.  To do this choose "Help" | "Check for Updates" from the main menu in SuperManager.  It should inform you that there is a beta version and ask you if you want to install it.  Choose 'Yes' and it will download and launch the update for you.  Try it again with this update.

I tested your store with this updated version so if it does not work I am left to beleive it has to be something with your environment.  Other software, such as firewalls and virus scanners, can cause problems for other programs.  It could be that, but we will try to debug that if the updated release does not work for you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Charlotte

I downloaded and installed the new beta version of SuperManager. Apparently none of the settings are saved when a new version is installed, so I went through the steps to recreate the store and program settings again.

I was able to import the remaining orders by using the "get orders" function and specifying fewer than 200 records at a time. It took a while, but they are all loaded. New records are loading successfully, as well.

However, I am unable to print packing slips for which I have produced an html format that includes a logo and basic output fields. I have defined this report as the default packing slip, (not automatic, but manual) but SuperManager freezes up each time I give it the print command. I have tested it on a single record and a group of 10 records and aways receive the same results. Either the program freezes and I have to exit, or the program crashes with a variety of error messages.

Can I send you the html file for review so that you can determine whether something in the report I created is problemattic?

By the way, I updated the firewall settings after installing the new version, so that should not be an issue.

David Johns

Charlotte,

Glad to hear it helped some updating to the new version.  It typically will remember all the settings when upgrading to a new version.  The one thing that has been a problem for other users is that SuperManager requires you to save the file after you put all the settings in.  It should prompt you to save the file when you exit, but it is not automatic (unless you turn on autosave on exit in the program settings).  In any case it seems you were able to rebuild the settings and database.  If you had previously saved the file there is likely a .smg file out on your computer somewhere containing all those settings still.  I guess at this point since you have rebuilt them it doesn't matter, but make sure you save them now that you have re-entered them.  Another thing that is possible - SuperManager automatically remembers the last file you had open.  When you re-open SuperManager it reloads that file.  It is possible that it just lost the reference to where that file was or the file was moved since the last time you opened it in the old version and when you opened it in the beta version.

Do I understand correctly, however, that if you try to download more than 200 orders at a time it still crashes?  That is still a problem we would like to look into with you.  I'm so sorry you are running into all these very untypical problems with basic functionalities.

Yes - please do send us the template.  You can actually atatch it in this forum post.  Just click "Additional Options" before posting a response and choose the file in the "Attach" box.  Just add a .txt extension to it, since it only allows txt, doc, pdf, jpg, mpg and png.

Thanks for your extreme patience in trying to get this up and running.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Charlotte

I've attached the packing slip that seems to crash SuperManager every time I attempt to print it. Unfortunately, it's been another frustrating day, I'm afraid. I set all the package weights individually for 25 orders. I completed all the steps for the interface to Dazzle. I currently have custom labels set up in Dazzle that have my logo in them. However, there's one label for each mail class that I use - priority, express, international priority, and international express. So I will have to open Dazzle, load the correct label, and only export the orders that use that particular mail class, is that correct?

When I exported some test orders, none of the package weights that I had entered were imported to Dazzle. As a matter of fact, all of the Dazzle labels were set to 8 oz envelopes and for the Express Mail label I was unable to override this value. For the priority mail labels, I could change the value, but then every label in the batch printed out out the same postage, none of which was what I had entered in the order records in SuperManager. The delivery confirmation code failed to print on any of the priority labels, even though that was part of my custom label design. Will I have to import a single record at a time and manually override the envelope setting and the preset weight and reset the label to print delivery confirmation? I finally had to cancel all the labels, request refunds through Dazzle, and go back to SuperManager and reset the statuses to indicate that the packages were not shipped.

In order to get today's orders out I processed all the packing slips and shipping labels manually as I've always done. Can you advise about the Dazzle interface problems?

David Johns

Charlotte,

Here is an updated report template.  It seems that you created the template in word.  In theory that should be okay and we will work on making this possible.  Word, however, adds TONS of extra non-printed code that really makes the code too complex for SuperManager to sort through.  I will go through it with the code at a later time to try to figure out what is actually making it crash.  For now here is a simpified html file that should give the same result - just with lots less code than the one Word created for you.

I have asked the head day support guy - Mike - to contact you regarding your problems with Dazzle.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Charlotte

Thanks! I am pleased to report that the packing slips are printing successfully. One slight problem is that the ship to name is printing twice. I don't see anything in the html that would cause that, do you?

David Johns

Charlotte,

Sorry I missed that before.  I was focusing on getting it to work and overlooked that entirely.  The problem there is that the ship_address field variable includes the name.  It also actually includes the country if it does not match the country in your store profile.  I have removed the names from before the address to avoid the duplication.  I left the country since I wasn't sure whether you really wanted it there even for domestic addresses.  You can just remove the ship_country line and it will work or your could itemize the address like:

ship_first_name ship_last_name
ship_street
ship_city, ship_state ship_zip
ship_country

I hope this gets you what you were wanting.  I understand you have set up an appointment to work out the dazzle issues with Mike on Monday.  Keep us all posted.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com