Print Form If Certain Products are Ordered : Added - Beta 1.5.3.1

Started by WestCoastClassicCougar, August 15, 2007, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestCoastClassicCougar

Several of our suppliers require that we fax them drop ship orders.  I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to automatically print a template if certain products are included in an order, for example anytime we have a carpet kit ordered we need to have a fax form printed out with the product code for the carpet ordered included on the fax form.  I am not sure if this feature would benefit anyone else, but it would save us a step.

Joshua
West Coast Classic Cougar
The Worlds Largest Cougar Only Wrecking Yard!
http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com

David Johns

Joshua,

I have added this to our development list.  Currently we offer only the ability to send dropship requests via an email template.  You can set certain product variants to dropship and set their supplier, then make sure the supplier has an email template selected.  When orders for these variants are received an email is automatically sent to your supplier.  We could also add a dropship report template that would work the same way.  Sound good?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

WestCoastClassicCougar

Hi David,

That sounds like it would work perfectly for our needs.  I wish some of our suppliers would move to email, but alas . . .

Thanks for all your work and support.  Any rough idea when this feature might get added?

Joshua
West Coast Classic Cougar
The Worlds Largest Cougar Only Wrecking Yard!
http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com

David Johns

Joshua,

I can't promises it for a couple of months because we have a lot on our plate right now.  Smaller things we can slip into our schedule, but this one may take a little longer and will have to slip into our existing development schedule.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

As of beta 1.5.3.1 you can now do this.  It works similar to the dropship email function.  To enable it, you need to follow these steps:

1. Turn on printing of dropship reports by going to "View", "Store Settings", going to the "Order Processing Automation" tab and checking the option "Print drop-ship reports".

2. Create variants of products that you want to use this option by going to "View", "Products", selecting the products you need to set to drop-ship and choosing "Actions", "Variants", "Create All".

3. If you have not already entered your suppliers choose "View", "Suppliers" and add the suppliers you need.  Also, make sure to select a report template for each one from the option at the bottom.

4. Set the variants to drop-ship and select the supplier by going to "View", "Products" and double clicking on the first product to set to drop-ship, select the variant(s) to set to drop-ship and then check the dropship option on the right and set the supplier from the dropdown.

After doing this, when new orders are downloaded the appropriate dropship reports should be printed for each supplier required to fill each order.  They are printed one per supplier per order.  After they are printed the item and order status will be set to dropshipped.

Also note that you could use this feature in combination with Windows Fax to fax them to your suppliers or print them to a pdf printer to have pdf files of the reports.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com