Asking for liscence every time

Started by WestCoastClassicCougar, September 06, 2007, 01:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestCoastClassicCougar

I just installed SM1.1.9.9 on a "new" computer and every time we start SM on that computer it asks for the license.  I enter it and go into the About SuperManager, and the info is there, but close it and reopen it and it is gone.  Any thoughts?

Joshua
West Coast Classic Cougar
The Worlds Largest Cougar Only Wrecking Yard!
http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com

David Johns

Joshua,

Sorry this has been a problem for you.  Once you enter the license information and SuperManager opens there should be a "SuperManager.lic" file written in the install folder (by default C:\Program Files\SuperManager).  Check and see if this file is being written successfully.  If not, could it be the install folder is set to read-only?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

WestCoastClassicCougar

Hey David,

I figured it out.  Windows (Home Edition) had lost the ownership on the directory for the user profile I was using, I should have checked that before I bothered you with it.

I did however stumble onto another issue:  I deleted one of our original shipping methods, in the store preferences(we renamed all of our shipping methods on our website and SM still showed our old name above the list of our new names) and when I did so it messed up all of the shipping methods on our manual orders.  I only deleted one before I noticed what it was doing.  It moved every shipping method on our manual orders to the one that followed the one that we had originally selected for the order. I was going to go in and just add a blank entry to make it re-adjust the list, but I can only add to the end of the list.  Any thoughts on how I might fix this?

Joshua

David Johns

Joshua,

Glad you figured it out.  Do you mind telling me how you corrected the problem?

As for the other issue - this is unfortunate.  Are you sure it only did this for manual orders or did it do it for all orders?  When you go through the steps to delete the shipping method did you select another shipping method to move the existing orders of the to be deleted method to?  If you inadvertently press 'Ok' before selecting a method to replace the method you are deleting it will do this.  Otherwise I can't get it to repeat the problem you are describing.  In the case that you do not select another method it would change all orders with shipping methods listed below the one you are deleting on the list to the one below what they are supposed to be.

There is a way to change them back...You can use the "SuperFilter" tab on the order list and choose "Shipping Method" as the filter.  Start from the end of the list of methods and choose the orders of a given shipping method, select all orders returned on the list, right click and choose "Shipment" | "Set Shipping Method" and select the one it should be.  Make sense?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

WestCoastClassicCougar

Hi David,

I had to restart the machine and login to Safe Mode as the Administrator, navigate to the "Program Files" and went into the folder "Security" settings, went into Advanced and reset the ownership of the directory to "Administrators".  I have had a similar issue on several XP Home Machines that I have worked on over the years.  Here is a link to a page that describes step by step how to do this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421.

As for the issue with the shipping methods, I was not asked for a method to replace the one I was deleting, it just shifted everything down one method.  I did double check and I was mistaken, it did effect all orders.  I have followed your suggestion to manually rest the shipping method. If I get a chance I may try to play with it and see if I can get it to repeat and give you the steps that cause it, but at least for now I got the correct methods showing.

Joshua

marcflood

I ran into this same problem a few days ago. SM is asking me for the license information every time I start SM. I made the data and program folder non-read only but the problem still occurs.

What else should I try?

Windows 7 Pro
QB 2010 Pro
SM 1.3.6.9

Mike Griggs

Hello Marc,
Did you have the supermanager installed and then upgrade to windows 7?
You may need to reinstall the supermanager and this should move the important files to the right location.

On my machine, windows 7 moves important files that are referenced in the registry over to a "Virtual" Program Files folder.  It looks like this on my machine..

C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SuperManager

I believe if you completely turn off User Access Control then Windows 7 will not use this virtual store location.

If you have recently turned off the UAC then you may need to copy the contents of your virtual store location and paste them into you "C:\program files\supermanager" permanent folder location.

Please let me know if this helps or if you fix the problem.

Thanks!
Mike