Problem with new version of Fedex Shipmanager...

Started by mbcarr1975, October 22, 2007, 09:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

This morning when I started Fedex ShipManager, a new version downloaded and was installed.

The new version seems to work fine with the SuperManager integration EXCEPT for the weights. The weights are no longer coming over from SM to Fedex. Is there something I need to change to make this work again?

Thanks for your !
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

Mike Griggs

Hey Michelle,
Just to clarify, what version did you upgrade to?

We'll take a look at this asap.

Thanks
Mike

mbcarr1975

Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

Mike Griggs

Hello Michelle,
We have found the problem.
With the latest version it seems that Fedex Ship Manager is not reading the weights as it has in the past.

It is no longer reading "10 lbs" as the number "10".
We will create a new weight variable to allow the weight to be exported correctly and will notify you as soon as we have it available for you.

Thanks!
Mike

mbcarr1975

Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

mbcarr1975,

Actually you may already be able to get it to work without any changes in SuperManager.  Check under "View" | "Store Settings..." | "Order Processing Automation" and tell me what is set for weight units.  If your weight units is pounds we can get it to work without an update.  Just go to "View" | "Program Settings..." | "Export Formats" and select the FedEx export from the list.  Then in the bottom box look for "shipment_weight_pound" and change it to "shipment_weight".

Let me know if this is an option for you and if so, if it fixes the problem.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Yes, that fixed the weight problem. Thank you!

Now...I also see that the residential flag is not coming over and the service type is defaulting to Priority Overnight instead of matching up to the order_ship_class value. What do I need to do to fix that?
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

Mike Griggs

Hello Michelle,
It looks like FedEx has changed some of the import rules

Here's how to modify some of the conversion information so that the res. flag and service type get imported correctly.

1. In FedEx Ship Manager, click "Integration->Fedex Integration "
2. Click to Edit your primary Integration Profile
3. Click through to the "Conversion" section
4. Select the "Residential Flag" option on the left and then map the SuperManager import values to the appropriate FedEx value  (i.e. - "Y" to "Yes/True")
5. Select the "Service Type" option on the left and then map each service type accordingly

Please let us know if you have any further problems with this setup.

Thanks!
Mike

mbcarr1975

Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

mbcarr1975

More problems have now surfaced. For some reason the entire record is importing into the Fedex program with the fields scrambled. The weight is not importing at all. The Address Line 1 is is Address Line 2. The zip code is in the phone number field. It is a mess.  When I go into the Fedex Integration Manager all of the fields look like that are mapped correctly to the text file from SM, but they are not importing into Fedex correctly at all.

Help!!!!
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

Mike Griggs

Hello Michelle,
Did you recently update the SuperManager?
Have you noticed that any of your exporting settings have changed or been modified?

Please do the following..

1. Select 2 or 3 orders
2. Export the orders as normal to FedEx
3. Browse to the location where you store the smtofedex.txt text file and then attach this file to an email and send it to us.
4. For one of those shipments, please try to import into FedEx and then give us an exact list of which fields are not being imported correctly.

With this information we can help you debug the problem.

Thanks!
Mike

mbcarr1975

Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

mbcarr1975

Any word on this problem...? Did you visit the files with my Log Me In invote?
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michele,

Glad to be able to get it working with you over the phone.  Please send me the screenshots we made when you get a chance so we can update our user's manual.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Thanks again for your help David!  I will send you the screen shots when I get back to the shop office tonight...
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com