importing to ups

Started by grr, December 24, 2007, 07:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grr

Hi you guys.  The supermanager is absolutely amazing.  I could not finish connecting all the applications this past summer.  All i've been using sm for was transferring my yahoo orders to qb.  Thank you, thank you! you've saved me HOURS!  Now that the holiday rush is over & I can catch my breath, i'd love to finish connecting ups to supermanager.

when i attempt to "batch import" in ups, i get a message that it failed.  any advice?

goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

So glad that you are having a good experience with SuperManager and QuickBooks.  Hopefully with a little work setting things up we can help you have an equally good experience using it with UPS.

There are two approaches that work best for interfacing:

1. If you are using WorldShip 9.0 the easiest and best approach is using XML exchange.
2. If you are using an older version of WorldShip you will need to use the ODBC interface.

In either case you will need to map your shipping methods and packaging types.  This is explained in section 7.7 of the User's Manual.

Following this for using method 1 above:

• Enter the settings in your SuperManager program settings "XML Exchange Formats" tab as described in section 6.6.c of the User's Manual
  • Select the orders you want to export, right click on them and choose "XML Exchange" | "WorldShip"
  • Open WorldShip and choose "UPS Online Connect" from the main menu and then "XML AutoImport...".  This will bring up a window asking what folder to monitor.  Select the folder containing the file you specified in the program settings in SuperManager then click the "Start" button.  WorldShip should see and process the file you exported from SuperManager.

If you are instead using method 2 follow the instructions in section 11.4 of the User's Manual
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Thank you so much.  I think I followed all the steps.  Lastly, I did the xml auto import in ups & it put my imported labels into an error folder & no tracking #'s were created.

I viewed the log & it said Schema OpenShipments.xdr not specified in XML file.  & also Internal proccessing error, loading XML response

did i miss a step?

Goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

You probably want to specify to export path in your SuperManager settings to be "C:\WORLDSHIP\UPS\WSTD\ImpExp\XML Auto Import\sm-worldship.xml".  At least I should say that everything after the "UPS" folder should be the same.  The first part will depend on the folder you installed WorldShip to.  I beleive, however, that this is the default location.  I think the issue is that the file SuperManager generates is referencing the file "Openshipments.xdr" that should reside in that folder.  So it is necessary to make sure SuperManager exports to the folder that file resides in.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Dear David:

Ok, I changed the file to the name you specified.  I am then entering this same file name in the ups xml auto import in both the "xml auto import file folder" & the "log file destination folder".  Now nothing is happening.

I was also searching around my ups file folders & i noticed that in my "shipment" folder, i have both my "supermanager to ups" & my "ups worldship to supermanager".  Are these files in the right spot or should they also be in the "ImpExp\XML Auto Import" folder?

Thanks for your help.
Goldie

grr

Dear David:

My worldship program was malfunctioning & so i uninstalled & re-installed woldship.  I checked with ups & they confirmed that supermanager is saving to the correct file.  But they cannot shed any light on why nothing is happening when i try to to the auto import in worldship. 

Please, please help.

goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

Is SuperManager go to "View" | "Program Settings" and select the "XML Exchange Formats" tab.  Select "WorldShip" from the list and copy to a reply post what the "WorldShip import file" is set to.

Then go to WorldShip and choose "UPS Online Connect" | "XML Auto Import..." and copy the "XML Import File Folder" setting into the same post.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Dear David:

Thanks for your reply.  The file names were the same, but i copied & pasted the file again.

I tried the auto import in ups.  no luck, still got nothing happening?!

What can be wrong?

Goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

Unfortunately you can't copy and paste one to the other since SuperManager expects a filename and UPS expects a folder name.  You could copy the folder name from UPS to SuperManager and then add "\sm-worldship.xml" after it.  If that does not fix the issue, please copy and paste the names to this forum and I'll just double check them for you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Dear David:

Thank you so much!  It worked!  My mistake was that I was specifying the ups file as

C:\UPS\WSTD\ImpExp\XML Auto Import\sm-worldship.xml

As soon as i removed "sm-worldship.xml", voila it worked!

goldie