Quantity pricing : Added - Version 1.2.6.0

Started by CoolPartyC, October 25, 2007, 10:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolPartyC

When I down load the products from Yahoo, our quantity pricing doesn't show up on in the products dialog.  Any one know what's up?  I am new to SM and to the forum.  Thanks!

Carole

David Johns

Carole,

I took a closer look at it and it seems that SuperManager does download the quantity pricing, but it was not displaying it correctly and it does not use it in calculating item prices when you add an item to an order.  Is this something you need us to add?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

CoolPartyC

Hi David,

I was just trying to figure that out in reference to our cost vs. retail.  Where do I enter the wholesale cost of an item?  Thanks!

Carole

David Johns

Carole,

So do you mean the quantity pricing reflects the price you pay for it?  Or is it the price your customer pays for it?  If it is the latter, the price of the item is set by the yahoo cart and should reflect the lower quantity pricing.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

NickSanz

Quote from: David Johns on October 25, 2007, 06:20:35 PM
Carole,

I took a closer look at it and it seems that SuperManager does download the quantity pricing, but it was not displaying it correctly and it does not use it in calculating item prices when you add an item to an order.  Is this something you need us to add?

Thanks,
David

David, this is a feature I would like you to add in Supermanager. In our store we sell multiple items with quantity discounts and it would make entering manual orders much easier if Supermanager used the quantity pricing discounts when adding items to an order.

IE. Item #555 is 1.00 normally, but when ordering 50x or more of said item the price drops to 0.75. Currently in Supermanager it does not calculate this discount when entering an order manually. This feature would be wonderful and save us a lot of time.

David Johns

Nick,

I have added it to our to do list.  We will keep you posted when it is available.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

CoolPartyC

Hi again David,

I am trying to learn Quick Books and SuperManager at the same time...so bear with me!

If I understand the SM user's manual correctly, the average cost field is used to "calculate the profit made from an order"...that is the only field that can be edited in the product details dialog...meaning the average cost is the wholesale cost?  Then we get into the quantity pricing issue because we have different wholesale price points so we can have different retail price points. 

Where do you enter the whole price of an item?  And how do you apply that to each order to estimate profit?

Thanks!

Carole

David Johns

Carole,

Sorry I missed your response until now.  It appears I didn't get the email notification set up properly on this topic so I missed that you had responded.

I think I may have not understood totally what you were looking for.  Yahoo offers quantity pricing for the sales price.  So you can charge a customer less if they purchase in quantity if you so desire.  Neither QuickBooks, SuperManager or Yahoo allow for what I think you are addressing - the ability to have preset quantity wholesale pricing.  I think you are wanting SuperManager to know that if you buy 10 from your supplier you will get them at one price and if you buy 50 at a lower price per piece.  Is that right? 

SuperManager will allow you to purchase a product from a supplier and record what price you purchased it at, it will then know that 50 of them were purchased at $1.00 for example, then you purchased another 25 at $1.50.  It will then use FIFO costing to  the ones purchased at $1.00 to the first 50 orders, then $1.50 to then next 25 orders.  It will use that for its estimated profit that it displays for the order.  Unfortunately, however, this information cannot be exported to QuickBooks as QuickBooks only supports average costing.

Does this help at all?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

This feature is now available in version 1.2.6.0, which is ready for download.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com