When I export orders to QuickBooks it does not create customers

Started by David Johns, March 22, 2006, 05:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Johns

You can choose whether The SuperManager will create customers for each order export into QuickBooks.  To have The SuperManager create customers for each order follow these steps:

1. Choose "View" | "Program Settings..." from the main menu in The SuperManager.
2. Go to the "XML Excahnge Formats" tab.
3. Select "QuickBooks" from the list and check "Create customers for order exports".
4. Click "Ok" to close the program settings.

Now customers will be created with the address, phone and email fields from your SuperManager order.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

How will they populate on the customer list if you set it that way?

Personally I like the date format; had to get used to putting the weird signs and spaces in, but it saves a ton of room in QuickBooks, while still giving us the details on the Sales Receipt.

Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

When you turn on this option The SuperManager will still use whatever format you specify under "Customer name to use for order exports".  You can set this field to "bill_last_name, bill_first_name", "order_id", "bill_phone_number", "order_email" or any other variable(s) or static name you choose.

If there is a specific bit of information you would like to have for a customer name let us know and we will tell you how to do it.

Thanks!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

Thanks!  I like all the alternatives available, really gives us some great flexibility in the set-up.

You may want to post the formula for the Date that I use a lot; it's really quite handy.

For anyone who may not know what I'm referring to; the Customer List in QuickBooks is populated with the date of the order; so you have 365 'customer names' per year from your Yahoo orders.  However, if you do a report or click into the Sales Receipts; all of the customer information is housed there ... it's awesome!

One note .... I would highly recommend that if they use the date as the customer name, then the Memo Field contains the name of the actual customer; that way you can pull nice reports out of QuickBooks!

Rox  8-)
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Glad you like it :-)

If they process orders outside of Yahoo, or phone orders, then they can use the regular Customer name; it stands out nicely on the Customer List that way as well.

Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com