Trouble exporting to Quickbooks

Started by doberry, July 07, 2007, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Johns

Angela,

There are actually two installers that you need and QBFC4_0Installer is not one of them.  I updated the user's manual to have links to both of the required installers.  Open the user's manual http://www.thesupermanager.com/sm_usersmanual.pdf and look at the section about interfacing with QuickBooks.  There are two installer links there.  Click on the second one to download and install it.  Report back if it still doesn't work after that.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

all4mykid

Hi David,
I went into my control panel and deleted all of the downloaded files. I then reinstalled both of the files listed on the newly updated manual you provided in the link. I am getting the same error msg as before.

Does it make a difference that I am using VISTA and QB2008?
Thanks,
Angela

David Johns

Angela,

Unfortunately the QBFC4_0Installer file that you installed in the first attempt to get it working has problems known to Intuit (the makers of QuickBooks) that they have not corrected.  It makes it so that some people have to completely uninstall QuickBooks and all the runtime libraries and re-install them.  It should work correctly if you do the following:

1. Uninstall all the runtime libraries: QBFC4, QBFC5 and the QBXMLRP
2. Uninstall QuickBooks
3. Restart your computer
4. Re-install QuickBooks
5. Install only the two runtime libraries in the user's manual.

Let me know if this does not work.

By the way - where did you find instructions to install QBFC4_0Installer?  If we still have it on our site somewhere or in our documentation I want to make sure to remove it to avoid having others make the same mistake.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

all4mykid

Thankyou David,
I will give this a try and let you know the results. I got the QBFC4 version from the email I received this week when I signed up for the trial. Below is the PDF link that was sent to me in the trial sign up email and the instructions I followed.

It did not have the QBFC5 version and the other file I beleive was also different than the QBXMLRP in the new manual. The new manual link you gave me on Thursday is a different manual with updated information and is more in depth.

http://www.thesupermanager.com/smliteqb_qsguide.pdf

Thank you,
Angela

all4mykid

David,
I followed all 5 steps and I am still getting the error msg.

I noticed that the original manual link I was given was for the Lite. Is there a difference in the types of runtime files that need to be downloaded if one is testing out the trial version and it is the Lite and not the full version? Since the email I received for the trial had outdated links, is it possible that the file to download the SM trial is not the latest trial version?

Thanks,
Angela

David Johns

Angela,

Very sorry about the outdated link in the quick start guide.  I have updated it.

The run times are the same between the Lite and full versions and the trial version vs. a purchased license.

What version of QuickBooks do you have installed?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

all4mykid

David Johns

Angela,

It looks like we'll need to do a remote login to take a look at this problem and try to correct it.  I'll contact you via email to try to arrange this.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com