News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

groups in QB

Started by finnstyle, November 16, 2007, 12:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

I thought I could solve all our group problems by just making the groups in QB (I thought that had worked before...?), but now whenever I try to export to a group, I get this message...

"There was an error when converting the quantity "1" in the field "item quantity".  QuickBooks error message: You cannot set the quantity for items of this type."
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

Let me look into that and get back to you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I've tested this and it seems to work properly for me.  I am able to export an item group with a quantity of 5 and it works correctly.  Can you please tell me when you look on your list of items and services in QuickBooks what is the in the "Type" column for this item?  There are a couple ways of creating groups of items in QuickBooks.  I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

I tried it with 5 and with 1 and I get the same message every time. The type is "group," I think.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

Kyla,

After looking at the problem with you it seems that the problem occurs only when the QuickBooks price for the group together is not the same as the SuperManager/Yahoo price.  In this case SuperManager adds a price adjustment item to make the total price from the group the same as the price charged by Yahoo.  SuperManager tries to create and use an item by the name of "Price Adjustment".  If it already exists as an item type that does not support having a quantity attached to it, it could cause this error.  Do you have an item called "Price Adjustment" in your item list?  If so, what type is it?

You can also change the name of this adjustment item by changing the value of the QuickBooks items in your SuperManager store settings.  On the "Accounting Export" tab there is a setting called "QuickBooks Group Price Adjustment Item".  Just change it to an available item name SuperManager can use.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Nope, no "price adjustment" item.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

What do you have set for the "QuickBooks Group Price Adjustment Item" in your store settings?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

Ahh - That's the problem.  Discount items cannot have a quantity in QuickBooks.  Change the name to something else like "Package Discount" or something of that nature.  SuperManager will make an item of type "Other Charge" to handle the item group discount.  It should work after that.  Let me know.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Woo! It works! However, instead of saying
Order 1234 Status = Status OK like it normally does for properly exported orders, it says...

Order 1234 Status = The field "Desc" is not supported by this implementation.

But I went and looked it up in QB and it really did transfer just fine, and adjusted the price of the group! :D
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

Glad it is working for you.  Did it in fact make a new item of type "Other Charge" to use as the adjustment item?  It seems the status message is just a warning and nothing critical.  I'm just trying to understand what it means.  At first glance it would make it seem that QuickBooks does not want to  a description to this line item, but it should for an "Other Charge" line item.  Will it let you manually add a description to that adjustment line item?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Yes, it made an "other charge" item, whose description I can manually edit in QB.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

What is the description that shows up on the sales receipt for this item?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

Maybe this is what you tried before, but can you change the description in the sales receipt or does it give you an error when you try to do that?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com