Make the computer speaker stop beeping!!!

Started by EricCech, October 02, 2007, 04:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricCech

Adding items, and during other operations, the computer speaker is beeping for no apparent reason - it's a very annoying alert.

Thanks!

David Johns

Eric,

This is the first we have heard of this occurring.  Are you adding an item to a manual order (one you created in SuperManager)?  You just click "Add item" and it beeps?  It doesn't give you a warning or error message when it beeps - it just beeps?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricCech

Dude, your support rocks - I am on my trial and will be purchasing for sure (likely today!)

If I open the order screen and click once on an item, it beeps. If I open the item details and click on an item, it beeps. If I'm on any screen (tab) with all the orders listed, and use the down arrow to move to another order, it beeps. Tried shutting it off in my control panel all together but to no avail (it's the computer speaker, not the sound speakers, if you know what I mean).

Cheers and much thanks,
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

Admitedly we are not always online to answer questions immediately, but we certainly try to get answers within 4 hours (and obviously are sometimes much quicker!).

Like I said I haven't experienced the beeping.  I don't have Vista installed on my computers here, but will get one of our other support people to try it out on Windows Vista and see if we can repeat the problem.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Mike Griggs

Hey Eric,
I tried to duplicate this on my development computer but was unable to.

We will continue to try and duplicate this problem but in the mean time you can try the following..

First, go to:

CONTROL PANEL, SOUND, SOUNDS. Find DEFAULT BEEP, and change the sound to NONE.

Second, go to:

CONTROL PANEL, SYSTEM, DEVICE MANAGER under Tasks on the left. Click on VIEW, then SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES. Double click on NON-PLUG AND PLAY DRIVERS. Find BEEP and double click. Click on the DRIVER tab, then choose STOP and on the pull down menu, choose DISABLED.

Please let me know if this stops the beeping.
Thanks!
Mike

EricCech

Hi Mike,

Thanks - I'd tried, to no avail. Though it turns out Vista makes a much more tolerable sound if I have some sort of sound scheme on. With NO sounds being signaled by windows, the software was using the default computer alert/error beep.

Thanks,
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

Just to be clear, are these sounds coming up when SuperManager is asking for a confirmation of something or indicating errors - or just at completely random times with no screen prompts coming up accompanying them?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com