Problem getting international labels to print in dazzle

Started by Charlotte, November 24, 2007, 02:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

For the last 2 weeks, I've been unable to print any international labels successfully in Dazzle. They seem to import successfully from Super Manager and all the data seems to be correct, but I get the Dazzle error message "Unable to obtain the Customs ID. The Postal Service Server returned the error: Item value must be a positive numeric value 99999.99 or less." All the item values seem to have been imported correctly, yet fail to be recognized by Dazzle or reflected in the customs documentation. I've been resorting to Click and Ship for international shipping labels as well as APO labels, but I've had quite a few this week and it's getting tiresome. Any suggestions?

Mike Griggs

Hello Charlotte,

I'm sorry that you are having this problem.  Could you please follow the steps below to help us debug this problem.

1. Close Dazzle
2. Open the SuperManager and attempt to send an international shipment to Dazzle as normal to print postage.
3. Browse to "C:\Program Files\Envelope Manager\DAZzle\xml" in Windows explorer and find the file "sm-dazzle.xml"
4. Attach this file to an email and send it to "info@thesupermanager.com"
5. Be sure to delete the sm-dazzle.xml file after you attach it to an email so Dazzle will not process it.

With the xml file we will be able to debug the problem and find a solution.

Thanks!
Mike

David Johns

Charlotte,

This is happening because apparently you have the declared value for some of the items in the orders you are exporting as $0.00.  To verify this open one of the orders that gives this problem.  Right click on each of the items in the order and choose "Open Product".  Look at the "Declared Value".  You should find that one or more of them is set to $0.00.  If products are automatically added to your database when you import orders it can happen that the declared value is initialized to $0.00.  When new items are added by downloading your products from your yahoo store directly they get initialized to the sale price.  We could consider changing this default behavior.  For now you can correct the problem by creating an export format like this:

product_code, product_declared_value

Select all your products and export using this format.  Create an import format that is exactly the same, modify the declared values as appropriate in excel and re-import them.  Let me know if you need more details on the exact steps.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Charlotte

I have tried to do the export and reimport, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

However, I can see exactly what is happening. When a buyer purchases the last one of an item I have available and I mark it sold in Yahoo, SuperManager somehow sets the unit price to $0 when the product gets updated from Yahoo, even though the item value is still what the person paid for it, not $0. When I try to print the shipping label, it gets exported to Dazzle as a value of $0. The item value doesn't matter for US labels unless I'm purchasing insurance, or I would have noticed  the problem earlier. But an item value of $0 (which just indicates that the buyer bought the last one of an item, not that the product is worthless!) won't allow International labels to print.

Can this be overridden so that when supermanager updates sold out products from Yahoo the unit prices are not wiped out? I rely on this data for pricing products in the future, particularly for one of a kind, heirloom products, or the rare times when I can locate more inventory of sold out products, and I don't want the pricing records to disappear entirely.

David Johns

Charlotte,

Let us look into this and see if there is a way to capture this condition and react accordingly.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Charlotte

This is actually a bigger problem than I initially though. For products that are temporarily out of stock, SuperManager is setting the unit price to $0 and in some cases (but not all) removing the item code. When the item is restocked and the Yahoo product record updated, the product record in SuperManager does not update the unit price but keeps it at $0.

So it's not just the when the last item is sold that causes a problem with $0 declared values, it's also any product that was ever temporarily out of stock, regardless of its current availability.

David Johns

Charlotte,

Unfortunately this is because of how Yahoo alters the search engine product catalog xml when items are made unavailable.  We will see if we can find a workaround to make SuperManager immune to it.  Thanks for the additional information.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Charlotte,

Version 1.2.7.1 checks for whether a product is marked unavailable.  If so, it will keep the price existing in the SuperManager instead of changing it to $0.00.  Use "Help" | "Check for Updates" to install the BETA version and make sure it works for you.

Thanks for the feedback,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ajentp

Hi Charlotte,

We have the same problem with international USPS shipping label in Dazzle: Dazzle error message "Unable to obtain the Customs ID. Although, we haven't successful to resolve the issue, but we are able to go other-way around. Here how it works:

Once dazzle give you error message, click ok. This will take you to original window in dazzle. Click print again. Dazzle will still have the customer information and will print the lable correctly. Only thing is that Dazzle won't be able to update tracking number automatically into your SM. You have to copy & paste it from the Log tab.

let me know if it doesn't work

Ahsan

pandorasales

We are having the same problem as well.  Has this problem been address yet?  We can print after we bypass the error message, but have to cut and paste the tracking number back into supermanager.  We also can only print one order at a time because of this.

Ben

David Johns

Ben,

Does this problem still exist when using the latest version and with all your product prices up to date?  As I reported earlier, we did implement something to try to correct this behavior in version 1.2.7.1.  If the prices of some of your products were messed up in a previous version, however, you would have to correct those products.  This could be done by just clicking on "Update Products" to pull in the latest product information.  Please let me know if you are still having problems with it after doing this.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

pandorasales

David,

When we go to print our international Prioirty packages in dazzle, under the customs information tab, and then type of contents the other option is selected.  You can change it to gift or commercial sample, but when you press print it still prints other.  Also, any other modifications done in dazzle do now work.  I can type in my name as the sender and that will not print either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ben

Mike Griggs

When you use the print with prompt feature you unfortunately cannot change any of the data.
You can however, click "cancel" on the print dialog, then click "Print" again and then you can change or add information.  However, once you click "cancel" the loop back to the SuperManager is cut so you will need to manually copy and paste the delivery confirmation number from dazzle to the SuperManager and also mark the order shipped.

Which specific fields do you need to be able to change?

Thanks!
Mike

pandorasales

Mike,
I would like to be able to change the type of contents from other to either gift or commercial sample.

Thanks
Ben

David Johns

Ben,

You can do this by adjusting your program settings:

• Choose "View" | "Program Settings..."
  • Select the "XML Exchange Formats" tab and select "DAZzle/Endecia" from the list.
  • Under "Export customs information for:" select either "Use Description Below" or "Use Description Below for International"
  • Under "Customs Description" enter "Commercial Sample" or whatever you want it to say.
Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com