Separate undeposited funds account for PayPal?

Started by doublehighc, November 25, 2007, 12:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublehighc

The way we have QuickBooks setup, we would like to have credit card transactions go into our undeposited funds account, but have PayPal transactions go directly into a separate QuickBooks PayPal bank account.

Is there a way to do this either in SuperManager Lite or in QuickBooks 2008 itself?

I just tested SuperManager with our setup and all went great, so I have placed my order. Handling these PayPal transactions is now the only place where I still have manual work to do that it seems could be automated.

Thanks,
Michael

David Johns

Micheal,

Yes, this can be done.  SuperManager allows you to specify a payment item name for each payment method.  If you leave this field blank in your store settings (and I have noticed a lot of users do) SuperManager  that you want to use a payment item called the same name as the payment method.  You can set the payment item as shown in the figure below:

1. Select "Orders and Cash Transactions" from the account settings dropdown.
2. Select your PayPal payment method
3. Enter the payment item name you want to use for this payment item.
4. In your QuickBooks settings alter the settings of this payment item to send the funds to the account of your choosing.  By default payment items are set to "Group with other undeposited funds" you can change this, however, to have it feed the funds to another account.

Let me know if this works out!

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

doublehighc

Hi David,

Thanks! Step 4 is what I was missing. I have that set now so I'll let you know how it works when we receive our next PayPal order.

Thanks for yours and Mike's quick responses to all these questions!

Michael

doublehighc

That indeed solves the problem just like I wanted. Thanks again!

Michael