PayPal orders adding default country

Started by doublehighc, November 25, 2007, 10:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublehighc

Most of our items are downloadable, so they do not require a shipping address. When people pay with PayPal, we don't get any address information for these orders, including country. However, the orders are showing up in SuperManager with a United States country and are importing into QuickBooks this way. Many if not most of our PayPal orders actually come from outside the USA.

Is there an option to turn this off in SuperManager that I am missing? If not, is this something that can be fixed? It is as if there were a default value for country being set inappropriately somewhere along the line.

Thanks,
Michael

Mike Griggs

Hey Michael,
We will look into this to see if we can duplicate the problem.

Is the billing address country being sent through correctly?

We will attempt to modify the import so that it applies the billing address to the shipping address if a shipping address isn't present.  It should be doing this already but maybe there is a bug.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Mike

doublehighc

Hi Mike,

These orders have no shipping or billing address data. The XML from the Yahoo! Store looks like this:

<AddressInfo type="ship">
  <Name>
    <First />
    <Last />
    <Full />
  </Name>
</AddressInfo>
<AddressInfo type="bill">
  <Name>
    <First>John</First>
    <Last>Doe</Last>
    <Full>John Doe</Full>
  </Name>
  <Company />
  <Address1 />
  <Address2 />
  <City />
  <State />
  <Country />
  <Zip />
  <Phone />
  <Email>johndoe@gmail.com</Email>
</AddressInfo>

SuperManager is putting the name in the billing address but not the shipping address, which matches this data. But it is putting a bogus "United States" country in both the billing and shipping address which is not correct.

Let me know if you have any other questions about duplicating this problem.

Mike Griggs

Hello Michael,
Does the customer enter a country at any point in Yahoo!?

If the find out the country only through paypal then there really isn't any way for us to set this up to automatically import the correct country when importing the order from Yahoo!.

You may need to set the countries manually in the SuperManager before exporting to QB.

Please share with us more information about your process and we might be able to give some more ideas about how to automate it.

Thanks!
Mike

doublehighc

Hi Mike,

No, there is no country information at all. The problem is that SuperManager Lite is adding an incorrect United States country. No country information should display in the Country column in SuperManager Lite, and no country information should be imported into QuickBooks shipping or billing addresses. The correct country in this case is no country.

Overall, I am finding SuperManager Lite's import into QuickBooks to be immensely better than Yahoo's direct import, and a huge time-savings. But this is one place where Yahoo is getting it correct and SuperManager Lite is not.

I hope that clarifies things - if not, let me know.

Thanks,
Michael

doublehighc

Is there any progress on this? I see that SuperManager Lite is adding the country in its shipping and billing addresses even in the GUI as well as the export to QuickBooks. When you click on the Ship To... button for an order that has no shipping address, the country comes up as United States. The same is true for the billing address for Yahoo PayPal orders which have no address beyond the customer name.

The country field in SuperManager should be empty for both shipping and billing address when the Yahoo orders are missing this dta. It seems the dropdown list boxes for country need a new entry for missing country data.

The problem is still present in 1.2.7.0. It would be great if this could be fixed for the next point release. If you need any further information, please let me know.

Thanks,
Michael

David Johns

Michael,

I have added the ability for an address to have a blank country field in version 1.2.7.7.  This beta version will be available in the next few days.  Keep checking the "Check for Updates" function to watch for it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Michael,

The beta is now available.  Please try it out and let me know if it works more as you would like.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

doublehighc

Hi David,

Thanks! I have started using the beta and this is halfway there. What we now need is for the blank country to be the default when downloading orders from Yahoo. If there is no shipping address in a Yahoo order, there should be no country exported to QuickBooks. If the billing address does not contain a country - as happens with PayPal orders - there should be no country exported to QuickBooks.

The goal is that we should not have to edit orders either in SuperManager or QuickBooks just to get rid of incorrect country  that are not in the original Yahoo order.

Thanks again for your help on this. Hopefully with 1.2.7.8 we will no longer need to manually edit our PayPal and international orders.

Best regards,
Michael

David Johns

doublehighc,

I have added this in version 1.2.7.9.  I suspect we will be releasing it in the next week or so.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

doublehighc

Sounds great! I look forward to testing this soon. Thanks!

Michael

David Johns

Michael,

I think beta 1.2.7.9 will work as you were hoping.  Give it a try and let me know.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

doublehighc

Hi David,

The 1.2.7.9 beta is working exactly right, both for Yahoo credit card and PayPal orders. Thanks so much for this fix!

Michael