News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Love it, Love it

Started by alpinedynamics, January 04, 2008, 10:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alpinedynamics

We use Supermanager on our store www.ShepherdsCradle.com and are very pleased with it so far.  I got into the program for the purpose of simplifying our accounting with Quickbooks, but realized the power of the other functions immediately.  We are using it as our order processing program now.  It's great!

SUGGESTIONS: 1) make this thing multi-user! (I understand this is in the works).  Without that functionality the program won't keep up with how I want to grow my business. 2) reconfigure the defaults on the downloaded trial version.  I'm using DAzzle as my postage program and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why my orders were changing from the "box" shipment that I specified in Supermanager into an "envelope" when it got to Dazzle.  That's not just a naming convention, mind you.  As an evelope all my shipments changed to under 1 pound (meaning I wasn't paying enough postage) and the tracking bar code was not available (USPS doesn't offer that for envelopes).  That means 7-10 of my 15 packages sent yesterday will come back and none are trackable.  It doesn't help either that Dazzle doesn't show a more detailed list of labels to be printed.  But alas, it was my mistake for not testing with a smaller batch.  But it may be nice for future users if the package type for "box" was set to: XML Exchange -DAzzle/Endicia = RECTPARCEL, and not =ENVELOPE.

Love the program though.

David Johns

alpinedynamics,

Thanks for the great feedback - both on your mostly positive experience with SuperManager so far and on the suggestion.  It was actually our intent to make the dafaults as you proposed.  There was a late change in the implementation and it slipped under the radar that it had offset all the defaults making them no longer in line with our intent.  I have corrected the problem and will release it as part of the 1.2.8.0 release.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com