Unable to find any of my data or settings

Started by Charlotte, February 13, 2008, 05:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

Unfortunately, all of my data and settings seem to have disappeared. The most recent backup files and setup files are now tiny files, which seems to indicate that they do not contain any of my data either. I have an automatic 15 minute backup set, which I presume overwrites any correct backup files with the latest corrupt data. Is this correct? So shall I  that I no longer have any data or settings and I am back to square one?

David Johns

Charlotte,

The first step to seeing if any of your data is still available is to search for all SuperManager database (*.smg) files and SuperManager backup (*.sbk) files:

1. In windows choose "Start" | "Search"
2. Choose to search "All files and folders"
3. As "All or part of filename" enter "*.smg, *.sbk"

Open each file that is found to see if it contains your data.  Pay special attention to any files called "Recovery.sbk" as it contains the data SuperManager had when it last crashed.

Also note - we have recently released a beta version that seeks to eliminate the possibility of this happening since it will automatically save an archive file if you or autosave ever try to save a file that is more than 10% smaller than the last time it was saved.

Let us know if you are able to find your data!

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com