backorders : Added - Version 1.3.4.3

Started by finnstyle, February 25, 2008, 01:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

It'd be really great to have a new option for backorders, as none of the options currently offered suit the way we handle them.

Ideally, when an item is marked as backordered, I'd like for it to show up in JUST the backorder list, and not in the list of items shipping today. I would like to be able to display tax and shipping charges for the backorder and current order separately, and charge each separately as they ship.

Since we got SM, we've been splitting every back order into a separate order. For some reason I thought that a usable backorder system was already in the works. This would save us so much time!
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

I think your needs are very similar to those expressed here:
http://thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=444

I have been thinking about this one.  I think we can add some extensions to the current capabilities to make this work.  This would be done through the "Packing Slip" report type.  What I am thinking of is making it so all the total and count field variables (ex: order_subtotal, order_total, order_items, etc...) would include just the items for the shipment for which the packing slip is being printed.  We could also add the ability to tie a total line item (ex: shipping total, tax total, etc...) to a specific shipment.  Then we could make it so that only totals  to the shipment being printed would be included.  This way you could add 2 shipment lines.  When you print a receipt it would add them together to get the total amount, but when you print a packing slip it would just take the one(s)  with the shipment being printed.

Do these improvements sound like what you need?  I see this as being the way to acheive what you are looking for without completely re-defining the way SuperManager's data model is .

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Well, ideally we'd like to have the sales receipt (not just the packing slip) show all the correct amounts. It'd be fine if it had two separate areas -  this is what's shipping and charging now, this is what's shipping and charging later - it just needs to be clear which is which.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

qbsrox

Hey Guys,

Just my quick 2cents here .... I've heard a lot of users/potential users also request a good back-order system and think it would be a great enhancement to the program.

Thanks for always listening to feedback!
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

We've added the ability to print a packing slip including all the totals.  Now you could print a packing slip with the charges for the current shipment and a full item list and full order totals to show the entire amounts due.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com