QB's Account Error

Started by qbsrox, May 17, 2006, 04:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question ... I've set up my SuperManager Lite version and went to import my Yahoo orders to Quickbooks 2005.  I came up with a strange error that maybe you can help me with.  Other messages were detailed, but I can't quite figure this one out.

The error is:
Request 1: Status = There was an error when saving a SalesReceipt.  QuickBooks error message: There is an account missing in one or more items used in the transaction detail lines.

I can get the orders into Supermanager Lite (and products), it starts the xml export and even adds the customer information, but then won't post the orders.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rox :-)
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Thanks for the question.  All items created by The SuperManager are create with references to the proper accounts.  Could it be that you created some of the service items yourself rather than having The SuperManager create them for you and at least one of them is missing an account reference?  Please let us know if a search through the items already existing in your QuickBooks reveals any without proper account references.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

I was using the yucky .iif export from Yahoo, which creates items as a Service Type ... without accounts upon import.

I had a few of them marked inactive in QuickBooks, and sure enough some of them hadn't been updated, just hidden.  I'm guessing that because they didn't have accounts  to them, that is what caused the error?  These items weren't being used on the new orders, but they were in the database.  Once I  an account, the orders imported ok.

Let me know if that was the problem.
Thanks,
Rox :-)

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com