Can not update Yahoo for Cancelled Order : Fixed - version 1.2.8.0

Started by debk, February 26, 2008, 12:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debk

Mark an order status as cancel but can not get Yahoo updated.

Error Message missing required fields (see attached).

I down loading it, I marked it cancelled, and attempted to updated Yahoo. 

What am I missing ?

Deb

David Johns

Deb,

Yahoo (and therefore SuperManager) requires that the order have the following information filled in.  If it is missing you will get this message.

Ship To First Name
Ship To Last Name
Ship To Street Address
Ship To City
Ship To Country
Ship To State
Ship To Zip
Ship To Phone
Bill To First Name
Bill To Last Name
Bill To Street Address
Bill To City
Bill To Country
Bill To State
Bill To Zip
Bill To Phone
Email

Often times this could happen if only one address is filled in.  An easy way to workaround this Yahoo limitation is to open the order in SuperManager's order details page (double clicking on the order on the order list) and then click one of the arrow buttons between the shipping and billing addresses to copy one address to the other.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

debk

Yahoo does not require all those fields for orders paid via PayPal.  I cancelled it manually with only a Bill to Name and no other Bill to info.

David Johns

Deb,

Thanks for the info.  We will update SuperManager to have the same rules.

David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Just wanting to clarify - I had the same issue this morning because the customer apparently only had one name, like Cher or Madonna or something. So in the future will one need Bill-To first and last names still, or just a name?
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

Can you confirm that Yahoo only requires either a first name or a last name?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

I  because the order went through and downloaded just fine, that they would only require one name.

I cheated when canceling the order and added a fake last name so that I didn't have to open up Yahoo and cancel it manually. I wouldn't think Yahoo would have different requirements for canceling an order than placing one, though.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

finnstyle,

Your logic makes sense, but would you mind going in and manually modifying that same order and removing the fake last name just to verify that it does allow it?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

finnstyle

Okay. It won't let me remove the fake last name, saying that it requires both first and last... but I found an old order with just one name, Uncanceled it, and re-canceled it, and that worked just fine.

So my thoughts would be that as long as the order came through with just one name, Yahoo will allow you to cancel it. If it's ever had two names, it needs to have two names.

I'm not really sure how you could account for that. I guess it might be easier (and not really that big of a problem) to require two names.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

We have modified SuperManager in version 1.2.8.0 to not require billing address information with orders that have "PayPal" as the payment method.  I think this will correct this problem for you.  Please try out the updated version and let us know.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com