UPS Worldship QuantumView messed up

Started by joe, February 13, 2008, 07:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe

Before I use SM, I set up UPS Worldship QuantumView so that it will send me email about the status of the package. Now I use SM to XML exchange w/ worldship and worldship stop sending email about shipping status to me. How do I fix that?

Also, how do I NOT import the customer's phone and email when I XML to worldship? I do not want UPS send email to my customer or print their phone on the shipping label.

Thanks.

David Johns

joe,

SuperManager currently only supports using UPS QuantumView for sending an email to your customer.  To turn this on:

• Go to "View" | "Program Settings..."
  • Select the "XML Exchange Formats" tab
  • Select "WorldShip" from the list
  • Check "Use UPS QuantumView"

I think this is not the way you are wanting to use the feature, however.  I guess that you are wanting this to have notifications of when the package is received?  There are other ways to check this in SuperManager.  Once the package is sent via the XML exchage, SuperManager will receive from WorldShip the tracking numbers, date of shipment, etc... You can then go into the order and double click on the shipment(s) of interest and click on the "Track" button.  This will allow you to check the status of each shipment that has been sent.

If you uncheck the option shown above it will still send the email address to WorldShip, but will NOT send an email automatically to your customers.

Currently there is no way to avoid printing the phone number.  We could potentially offer a setting to avoid sending this data to WorldShip.  Is this just for privacy protection that you want to do this?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

joe

Yes, I do not want to print customer phone on the label is for privacy issue. Customer actually complain about that.

I use the UPS QuantumView to help me track when the package is delivered. Once I received that email, I can go ahead send a follow up email to customer to make sure they are happy with the product.

I think it would be a great add-on feature for SM to be able to keep track of the item deliver status in single or in bulk.

finnstyle

I agree that the delivery status feature would definitely be a cool one.

Anyway, Joe, what I normally do to avoid having the phone number print on the label is to just delete it from the shipping address side. Most orders you only need one phone number, so just keep it on the billing side and it won't end up on the label. Even if you do have 2 phone numbers, you can store them both on the billing side like "s(612)333-2127b(123)456-7890" or something, all in the one field.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

David Johns

We have added these options on the "XML Exchange Formats" tab of the program settings screen.  Please try them out and give us feedback.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com