preview emails before sending?

Started by finnstyle, May 08, 2008, 08:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnstyle

I know that there's an option to preview emails before sending, or just let em go out as is.

Right now, I preview them all, as I normally add suggestions or custom wait times to backorder emails or whatever. I only send 10-15 email templates a day.

HOWEVER... as you probably gathered from all of my and Cory's posts about HTML emails, we are developing a shiny new shipping email that will replace the one automatically sent by Yahoo. It's going to be the same for every customer, and we will not need to customize it for each order. We're starting out at one of our smaller stores, so it won't be an issue initially, but once it expands to FinnStyle, I'll be clicking "send" on 100 emails on a busy day, and that doesn't sound like much fun. Then again, I don't want to send out generic backorder emails when I can be specific about how long the customer has to wait, how many are left in stock, whatever.

It'd be great if we could decide PER EMAIL whether or not to preview before sending, rather than per store.
www.FinnStyle.com
www.FinnishGifts.com
www.Aalto.com
www.GlassBirds.com
www.AlwaysMod.com

Mike Griggs

Hello Kyla,

The SuperManager can do that for you now.

There is a global setting to preview all emails, but you can also select which email template you would like to preview before setting.

1. In the SuperManager click "View->Store Settings"
2. Then click the "Email settings" tab and uncheck "Preview all emails before sending"
3. Click "Apply" to register the change
4. Next, click the "Email Templates" tab
5. Select each email template and then check or uncheck the "Preview email before sending" setting at the bottom of the window depending on which ones you would like to see

Good luck!
Mike