Problems in the Multi-Store version

Started by mbcarr1975, June 04, 2008, 10:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcarr1975

I know that the version of SM I use is different than most other people...and is apparantly still a "beta". (I just found that out from Rox Brown!), but there are some issues that have made it very difficult to export info into QB.

There are certain settings that do not "stick" in the Store settings. For example, If I set the class to TNG for the Top Notch Gift site for export purposes, the class is set in all three stores as TNG. If I try to change the class for either of the other 2 stores, the class change in all 3 stores, not just the one.

The same is true for the e-mail template settings and reports (i.e. invoices).  You can't define templates for each store, you have to have the same settings for all three stores (not a QB issue, but a glitch just the same.)

I also notice that when we update to Yahoo store after making a change in the total price (adjust shipping, etc.), the cost does not update to Yahoo. The orders in the Yahoo Store system show the old price and the "new" credit card charge leaving "open" orders in Yahoo. Not a big deal since we don;t use Yahoo fpr much processing, but not right. The same is true for the Status. When I update Status in SM and click to update Yahoo, the status does not change. This is a bigger deal since customers do check their orders online for status.

Another small issue, the tally of orders and the revenue in the upper left is not right. Each time I download new orders it should just add to the totals, but sometimes it does...sometimes it doesn't. Can't rely on that information at all...

Overall, the multi-store program is very slow...

Is there a plan to keep working on this version of SM and get it out of beta? I have been using it for some time now and feel like nothing has been added or changed in a long time...
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

Michelle,

We have been working with Rox on this issue with the QB classes.  It was actually never intended that SuperManager would store a separate class for each store.  One thing we did do that worked for the other user of this new multi-store edition is to have the class setting compatible with SuperManager's variables.  So, for example, you can put company_name to have it substitute "Top Notch Gifts" as the class name.  The complete list is in the user's manual appendix www.thesupermanager.com/sm_usersmanual.pdf#page=86.  I recognize after talking to Rox that this may still not meet your needs and have told her we could handle this in one of a couple ways:
1. We could add a company variable for exporting the order prefix.  So you would just have to rename your QuickBooks class to the same abbreviation you use for an order prefix and then set the class to company_order_prefix.
2. We could add company custom variables, either as a given number of them, like 2-5 of them, or as an open array of them so you could add as many as you want.  Then you could just decide to use company_custom1 as the QuickBooks class for each of your stores and set the class to company_custom1.

Would both of these work?  Either one better than the other?

Reports and email templates are intended to work much in the same way.  Instead of ever having "Top Notch Gifts" in your report template you would put "company_name" and when it prints Top Notch Gifts reports it would substitute Top Notch Gifts for it, and likewise for your other stores.

We'll have to check into the price and status not getting updated.  That should work the same as with the standard version of SuperManager.

There are definitely plans to get the multi-store version out of beta.  We have been keeping the two versions concurrently in beta - standard and multi-store - and having to sync the changes made in one into the other.  We intend to eventually freeze the status of the standard version and start only implementing fixes and improvements in the multi-store version.  Hopefully this will happen within the next month or two.  We do have a new version 1.3.0.2 of the multi-store version.  Note that we have drastically changed the numbering, but this is the next version after 1.2.9.1.  We can send it to you if you don't have it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mbcarr1975

Yes, please send me the newest version. I am currently working with 1.2.8.7...

Thanks!
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com