Update to/from Yahoo

Started by jabsintl, June 04, 2008, 12:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabsintl

A few questions hopefully someone can answer for me...

Can someone please explain what the difference is between UPDATE FROM YAHOO and GET ORDER STATUS FROM YAHOO.

When I choose UPDATE TO YAHOO, does the Shipment and Tracking Info update or do I have to also choose UPDATE SHIPMENT STATUS. 

Does UPDATE TO YAHOO always generate an e-mail to the customer?  If yes, then how can I export the Merchant Notes section to Yahoo w/o generating a customer e-mail?

Thank you,
Joel

David Johns

There are a few things in your Yahoo store database that it does not currently export in the xml format.  SuperManager allows you to grab at least some of this information with Get Order Status, which includes:

• Order status (some tidbits can be inferred from the xml, but not all statuses can be derived from the information export)
  • Tracking numbers
  • Repeat orders
  • Payments received with the PayPal merchant gateway
  • Rev share url
  • Comments

All other information is updated with the Update from Yahoo function.

I hope this helps a bit.
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabsintl

Thanks David,

Can you also help with my other 2 questions?

:)

David Johns

Sorry about that :oops:

Update To Yahoo does update the tracking numbers if there are changes to it.

Please confirm this, but I don't beleive that an email is sent to the customer unless there are actual changes made to the tracking information.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabsintl

So far, EVERY TIME I click the Update To Yahoo, an e-mail is generated.  The way I know is that I started doing it now because I hired a phone rep who has the limited access to Yahoo Store.  I want my notes entered to be exported to the MERCHANT NOTES section for her to see.  I'm not getting e-mails from my customers stating that they didn't order more items or why am I getting this e-mail.

This is not good for customer service.  The only way I know of stopping this is to turn off the auto e-mail generation but that will stop the e-mails that I DO want generated when the Tracking Info is updated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
joel

jabsintl

I meant to say that I AM getting customer e-mails because of these automatically generated e-mails going out.

mbcarr1975

I would be interested in knowing the solution to this issue as well. This is definitely a problem...customers getting repeat e-mails every time we update the Yahoo records.
Michele
Top Notch Gift Shop.com

David Johns

jabsintl, mbcarr1975,

Unfortunately this issue is caused by the Yahoo store manager and not by SuperManager so I don't beleive there is anything we can do to avoid it.  Can you test that if you modify something inside the Yahoo store manager web interface and save it that it also occurs?  If so, there is no way SuperManager can avoid it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com