Exporting Error messages Unable to find variant & list element is already in use

Started by BLC, July 14, 2008, 09:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLC

I seem to repeatedly get the following messages when exporting.  However, the product names change the basic message is the same, "unable to find variant..." and "error adding item..."

Order 12279: Unable to find variant 'fdlm-6A0181A' for product code 'fdlm-6A0181A' in product list.   product code as QuickBooks item name.
Order 12279: Error adding item 'fdlm-easel': The name "fdlm-easel" of the list element is already in use.

These messages are new within the last week after we upgraded SM and imported orders from Yahoo.

We have also updated our items list and that seems to be where the problem is occurring.  It is not recognizing the new item name....it I go into each individual order in SM and alter the item name I am then able to export, but I want to be able to use the new iten name....

Any ideas?
BLC

David Johns

BLC,

This can happen for one of two reasons:

1. After upgrading to the newest version you may need to go through your product list in SuperManager and eliminate products with the same id.  Yahoo requires that the product id is unique.  We allow you to have more than one product with the same id, but it can cause problems in that SuperManager gets confused which product it should be exporting when exporting to QuickBooks.  Check your product list and see if you have more than one product with the id 'fdlm-easel'.  This may be the cause of your problems.

2. Another user reported such a problem and after recieving their SuperManager file and QuickBooks file to debug it we found that if you are referencing a QuickBooks item group and there is a blank line in the middle of the items included in the item group this can happen.  You can update to the current BETA, 1.2.8.4, in which this has been corrected, or just delete the blank line from the item group if this is the problem.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com