Need to add Canadian Tax Tiers

Started by Emijane, July 27, 2008, 10:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emijane

We continue to enjoy importing our Yahoo orders into QuickBooks Premier via your SuperManager.  We seem to have all of our quirks under control (customers who use their entire name and location under ?last name?, etc.)  Again, your program is awesome.

We do have one little question.  We are doing significant orders to Canadian customers.  We need to be able to charge them the 5% Canadian GST and, if in one of the three applicable Provinces, we also need to charge them 8% PST.   And we need to maintain the 7% Indiana Sales Tax on in-state orders.

Our current setup does not allow for the separation of the Canadian tax from our Indiana tax.  All taxes imported with SuperManager end up in the Indiana Sales Tax category of QuickBooks. 

I saw the forum discussion on PA taxes, and I see the accounting export and tax rate tabs in  ?Store Settings? but I don?t understand how I can add the GST and PST rates.  Can you shed some light?

Thanks so much!

David Johns

Glad you are having a good experience with SuperManager and thanks for the feedback.

We just recently added some features to SuperManager to allow you to do what you need to do with regard to sales taxes.  First you'll need to choose "Help" | "Check for Updates" to upgrade to version 1.2.8.0.  After doing that, you'll need to go to your store settings and go to the "Tax Rates" tab.  You need to make sure there is a tax rate setup for each of the taxes you need to collect from customers.  The "Name" for these tax rates should be the name of the QuickBooks item you want it to export to QuickBooks as.  You'll need to have at least five tax rates, one for Indiana and one for each of the three Canadian provinces for which you have to collect GST and PST, and one for all the other Canadian provinces for which you have to collect only the GST.  It should look something like the attached screenshot when you are done.

Again, not that the names are important because "?Quebec Sales Tax" will be the item exported to QuickBooks for Quebec orders, for example.  Note as well that the "Tax Item" on the "Accounting Export" tab will now only be used when none of the tax rates you have defined apply, but Yahoo (or you) still add a Tax item to the order.  This should normally not happen, but that is how SuperManager handles it if it does.

Does this help?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com