Integrating with Quickbooks Pro 2008

Started by mgs, July 27, 2008, 12:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgs

I'm trying to set up an XML export to Quickbooks Pro 2008, but keep getting the error message:

"Error connecting to Quickbooks: 0x80040408 Could not start Quickbooks."

Do you know what might be causing this problem?

David Johns

Gabriel,

What do you have entered as your QuickBooks.  See the attached screenshot to help you see where to find this setting in your Store Settings.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mgs

It looks like I had the correct file path entered.  Could something else be causing this error message?

David Johns

mgs,

Okay - so you are specifying a path.  Are you trying to export with QuickBooks open or closed?  Please try the following:

Empty the path you have specified, save your settings and open QuickBooks to the file you want to export into.  Then try exporting again.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mgs

Great, that worked!  I'm still having trouble exporting, but at least it was able to connect to Quickbooks.  Enough for tonight...but you'll hear from me again tomorrow  :-)

Thanks

anadler

Hello,

I've been using SuperManager for quite a while now and all of a sudden, when I do an XML exchange to Quickbooks, I get the error message:

Error connecting to quickbooks: 0X80040408 Could not start Quickbooks

I did a re-install of the 2 file required in the setup manual.  I have Quickbooks open when I run the XML Exchange.  One day it just stopped working.

Can you please help me figure out what happend?

Thanks,
Andy Nadler
www.GnomeFrenzy.com
www.UltimateSportsDecor.com

David Johns

Andy,

It sounds like something else was installed - perhaps even an automatic update - that messed up one or more of the dlls QuickBooks requires for this connection.  I would recommend uninstalling the two required QuickBooks add-ins and then installing them brand new.  If that doesn't work try uninstalling them again and uninstalling QuickBooks, then reinstalling all three.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is something related to QuickBooks and not SuperManager.  For that matter it may have been caused by another installer that neither SuperManager nor QuickBooks can control.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

What version of QB's?  Can you open QB's without issues?  It's only when you do the exchange you get the error?  Anything else change on the computer?  New firewall or virus protection programs?

You can edit your Preferences that QB's does not have to be open for the exchange and see if that works.

With QB's open, press F2 to see how large your file and lists are.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

anadler

I am using QB 2008.  I can open QB without any problems and only get the error when I do the XML Exchange.  I have uninstalled QB and am going to re-install to see if this works.

qbsrox

Before you go thru uninstalling and re-installing .. how large is the file?  How large are your lists?

Right click on your QBW file and make sure it has not been changed to read-only.

Break the current link from SuperManager to QB's and attempt to re-connect.

Are you sure no other programs have been added/updated? 

If you do have to uninstall/re-install ... Make SURE you have several back-ups of the data file and run all your maintenance programs and reboot the computer before re-installing.  Once QB's is installed, get the updates.
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

anadler

So, I ended up doing the un-install and reinstall.  I didn't install the updates that Quickbooks suggested and SuperManager was then able to connect to Quickbooks with no problems. 

As a test, I then installed the suggested updates from Quickbooks and  once again, SuperManager wasn't able to connect to Quickbooks.  So, it's pretty clear that there is something in the 2008 Quickbooks update the causes SuperManager to not be able to connect to it.

So, my current solution was to un-install/reinstall Quickbooks again and NOT install the Quickbooks updates.

Are you all able to figure out what causes this?

Andy Nadler
www.GnomeFrenzy.com
www.UltimateSportsDecor.com

David Johns

I have put a question in the developer community about this.  I'll let you know what I hear back.  We have seen Intuit have problems like this in the past that were quickly fixed with the next update.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

mgs,

Did you restart your computer after installing the updates?  According to one of the people in the Intuit development community you may need to restart your computer after installing the update before SuperManager will be able to connect to QuickBooks.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

Do you know if this was the most recent update that caused the problem?  I mean, did you have updates installed before (up to R7) and everything was working and then the update that came out a week or two is what caused it?

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com