Open Orders from Yahoo

Started by qbsrox, May 18, 2006, 01:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbsrox

David,

A quick question.  If an order was processed thru the Yahoo back-end then downloaded into SuperManager; what would cause it to show up as Open?  It was paid, so I'm not sure why it is showing Open.

Ok, so there is more than one part to this 'quick question.'

What is the best procedure to use for updating it in SuperManager Lite ... if it's caught before exporting to QuickBooks?

Thanks a million!

Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Thanks for the question.  An order is left "Open" until the amount paid matches the amount due.  Generally you need to add total line items, payment events or adjust item quantities or prices to either lower the amount due or increase the amount paid.  So if the order was charged, but not for the full amount you may need to adjust the order to reflect why you didn't charge the full amount.  This is addressed in detail in section 8.2 of the user manual http://www.thesupermanager.com/sm_usersmanual.pdf#page=37

Feel free to post back if you have a specific order that the methods discussed there don't seem to be addressing and we will take a further look at it.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

I'll have to take a closer look at this because the order was paid in full and charged thru Yahoo.  Unless I downloaded the order before the batch actually batched out?  I'll look into it and see if I can figure out what I did there.

I don't want to redownload the order from Yahoo because it's a Starter store (so it's a pain, it's in the middle of other orders) and it was only one or two that exported that way.  I just logged the payment on the Sales Receipt in QuickBooks to clear it there.  I can just log a payment event in SuperManager Lite to clear that Yahoo order, right?

Thanks,
Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

Actually the payment event will be added to the order regardless of whether the batch it belongs to has been submitted.

If you add a payment event it should mark it as paid, but it seems the problem is that it is not recognizing one of the ones that is already in it.

Could you email me a screenshot of the order and I will check it out?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

Yes, I'll get a screenshot to you or we can do a remote.  It doesn't show the payment in SuperManager, but it does show it in Yahoo ... that's why I thought I may have downloaded it before the payment was approved/batched.

Thanks,
Rox

Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

Rox,

If the payment appears in your Yahoo! Store but not in The SuperManager you may just need to select the order on the order list, right click and choose "Update from Yahoo!".  When you do this you won't loose any changes you have made to the order but it will pick up any card events that have been made since your downloaded the order.  If after updating it the card event still does not appear please let us know and we will arrange a remote session or get a screen shot from you.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

qbsrox

David,

We will probably have to do a remote at some point.  I have a few that came in as open, yet they were paid/approved on the Yahoo side and I downloaded the orders a few days later.  I tried to update the orders in SuperManager Lite to reflect the Yahoo payments, but it didn't like how I was doing it.  Also, because it was Open, in QuickBooks it shows as though they still owe; so I just manually added the payment to those Sales Receipts.

Thanks,
Rox :-)
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com

qbsrox

Update!

I just found that with the new Fraud rules Yahoo has implemented it changed how the back-end for charging orders works.  It seems that if Yahoo flags an order and you go in and approve it; it does not go ahead and batch it out like it used to. 

By using SuperManager Lite and QuickBooks and comparing it with the statements and Yahoo I found this out the hard way; a recent order was not charged  :cry:  Luckily the client is awesome and has no problem with the delayed payment, but it pays to take a CLOSE look at those Open orders!!!

Rox
Rox
www.consulting4qb.com