Products - Hide switch

Started by debk, October 13, 2008, 11:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

debk

It seems that once a product is marked hidden;  (I believed triggered when the item is marked not orderable in Yahoo.  ) is not unmarked once the product is changed to be orderable in Yahoo with the products updated function.

Or am I missing something ?

Deb

David Johns

Deb,

Currently SuperManager leaves products hidden that are set as hidden.  For products being imported for the first time it will set them to hidden if the price is $0.  Once the product is in The SuperManager it will only be marked as hidden if you mark it so.  Products will not be marked hidden if their price is changed to $0 (whether due to orderable flag or otherwise).  They will also not be marked as unhidden should it be changed to orderable after it is imported the first time.  We could consider adding a check for whether a product has been changed from non-orderable to orderable and if so change it to no longer be hidden.  The only difficulty with these types of rules is that sometimes they don't meet user's expectations with or without the rule.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

debk

I have never had the price to set to zero on any of these products.  So I do not understand why they were marked as hidden.  I did have them marked as not orderable.  This is my practice when the stock was out, but they never had a price of zero.

Deb

David Johns

Deb,

When you mark a product as not orderable Yahoo automatically sets the price it exports for the product to $0.00.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com