Error Message - Unable to connect to server

Started by ddc, January 18, 2009, 05:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddc

Hi,

We just upgraded to version 1.3.1.4.  Everything is working well except we are getting an error message after a new order is downloaded into SM.  The message reads "Unable to connect to server: Could not connect to server."  Once you close the error message, the "you have 1 new order" box appears.  The orders comes in fine and address verification is working so I am not sure where the problem resides.  Did we miss a setting in the new version of SM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Duane Cabrera
www.artofhaircare.com
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

We added a new feature that makes SuperManager send email re-order notices when inventory falls below the re-order point specified for a product.  Unfortunately we didn't initialize the setting for it correctly so it is trying to send those emails.  To fix the problem:

1. Select "View" | "Store Settings..." and select the "Order Processing Automation" tab.
2. Set "Reorder Reminder Email" to "None"

That should fix the problem.  We will also roll out a new release right away to correct the initialization problem.

Thanks for reporting it to us!
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I doubled-checked our "Reorder Reminder Email" field and it has been set at "none" while we experienced the error message.  Is there anything else I should check?

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

The problem was actually that the value the dropdown in the store settings displays is initially another value, but it does store the setting.  In other words once you look at it and it says "None", then save it - it will save "None" as the value, but that may not have been what it was initially set to.  Have you tried it again after looking at the store settings?  Is it still giving the same error?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

Hi David,

Sorry to have to come back again.  Unfortunately, we are still seeing the same problem.  I also noticed that when we try to set the reorder notice to something other than "none", it does not save the setting.  When we select an email template and save it, the setting is back to "none" when we reopen the "order automation" tab. 

Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

That's right.  The new version fixes this.  Perhaps before digging into it further why don't you try it again with the new version (1.3.1.5).  Install the new version, open the store settings and save the file, then try downloading orders again.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

Hi David,

Unfortunately, we are seeing the same error message after the upgrade.

Regards,
Duane
DC
www.artofhaircare.com

David Johns

Duane,

Can you please post or send me a screenshot of the Store Settings "Order Processing Automation" tab?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

ddc

The latest update did the trick.  Works great.

Thanks.
DC
www.artofhaircare.com