Multi-Ship Orders : Added - Beta 1.5.2.7

Started by jabrein, April 11, 2009, 12:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabrein

I've just downloaded SM version 1.3.2.2      thanks for the quick fix for the issue discussed in the following thread:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=714.0

I've discovered that the same issue is prevalent in the different SM reports.    For instance, I run a Superfilter query for orders that contain product shipped on Feb. 3rd.  ('begin date' = 02/03/2009 and 'end date' = 02/03/2009).   

The list of orders accurately contains all orders that have items that were shipped on 02/03/2009.     This will include both orders that were completely shipped on 02/03/2009 as well as multi-ship orders (where at least one of the items were shipped on 02/03/2009).  This is all good...

The issue comes when I generate a pick-list by selecting the aboved queried orders.  I would expect that the Pick-List would only contain those items that were shipped on 02/03/2009.  Unfortunately, the pick-list contains ALL items (including multi-ship items that are either shipped earlier or not shipped at all).   

Would you be able to look into this for the pick-list and any other reporting tools that this may impact?

Regards,
Jeff

David Johns

Jeff,

Actually the reports are defined for order themselves and not for shipments.  Therefore it will contain all items in all the orders selected.  I can see what you are looking for, but currently this capability is not available.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Maybe the method I'm using to generate a pick-list is wrong....

If so, then my question is..  How do I generate a pick-list of all Items shipped on a specific date (or range of dates).     (Please keep in mind that I want to exclude multiship items that either have 'not shipped' or 'shipped earlier').

For instance, on Monday I process 100 orders from over the weekend.  Most orders contain multiple items that my customer is willing to have shipped based on availability.  I need an easy way to generate a picklist with only those items that will be sent out on Monday.  How do I achieve this?

** Please feel free to move this thread to another category if it's more appropriate as a 'how to' topic.

Regards,
Jeff

Mike Griggs

Hey Jeff,
I think we can do something here with javascript in the report template to get you what you want.
Please give me a few days on this and i'll try to work something up for you.

Thanks!
Mike

jabrein

Sounds great!  I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Mike Griggs

Hello Jeff,
I looked into this over the weekend and determined that it's not really possible to achieve what you want with Javascript in the report template.

We will look at fixing this in the SuperManager side so that you will be able to generate the report that you need.

Thanks!
Mike

jabrein

Hitting up this thread to see if this fix is still being looked into for future releases (or to see if I've already missed this enhancement in a past release).

David Johns

Jeff,

Its still on our list.  Our list is getting relatively short with the release of 1.4.0.0 this past week.  Hopefully we can give you something in the near future.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

I know there is a new beta out there - I don't believe I saw this functionality listed, but thought I better ask to verify.   Thanks in advance.

David Johns

Jeff,

Sorry, but this is not in the current beta.  We do still have it on our list.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

Jeff,

I know it took a while to get this in there for you, but we do have something that should work for you now.  You can create a picklist, which rather than using item_ variables, use unshipped_item_.  Use the attached picklist as an example.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com