Custom Order Confirmation Emails : Added - version 1.3.3.3

Started by EricCech, April 22, 2009, 08:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricCech

Heya,

One of Yahoo Store's missing features is the ability to customize the order confirmation emails that are sent to customers. Would it be possible to turn this off in the backend of Yahoo, and have order confirmation emails sent out using a custom template from Super Manager? Granted this may require leaving the store computer on all the time, but it would be a huge leap forward for store owners to do this (we all know what it's like when a customer starts reading back their order number with 'yhst-xxxx....'

I'm uncertain of this: is it possible now to send custom order tracking emails from SM instead of Yahoo?

Cheers and Thanks,
Eric

David Johns

Eric,

SuperManager does have the ability to send shipped emails automatically when you ship items.  If you leave the "Email Tracking Password" in your store settings blank (on the Profile/Stores tab) and set a "Manual Order Shipped Email" (Order Processing Automation tab) in your store settings SuperManager will send a shipped email notice rather than uploading the tracking info to Yahoo to fire off Yahoo's shipped email notice.

Currently SuperManager doesn't have a feature to send out emails when orders are received, but this could be added.  Yes, you would have to leave SuperManager open and downloading orders if you wanted them to be sent out right after orders are received, but that's probably not a problem.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

Joanmarie

David~

Just wanted to add my "vote" for creating a feature that would send out custom emails from SM when orders are received.  Please put this one on your list!

Joanmarie

EricCech

Hi David,

Thanks a bunch. We're excited to do this, and look forward to the potential of sending our confirmation email out through SuperManager.

Cheers,
Eric

joe

I can't wait to use that feature. When do you think it will be available?

Thanks.

David Johns

All,

I have added it to my list.  We have a few funded development projects that we are working on now.  Projects that are funded have a higher priority.  We could push this feature to the top of the list if it received funding.  The total cost of the project would only be $150 so if the three of you are interested in splitting that cost three ways we could get it added within a week or two.  If others are willing to chip in the cost per person would go down proportionally.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

joe

I am in David. How do we go about splitting the cost and getting this done asap?

David Johns

We can get underway as soon as we have received the $150 via PayPal.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

joe

Hi David,

I am ready to pay my share of $50. Please send me your paypal email so I can make my share of payment.

Would you please contact EricCech and Joanmarie since they are going to split the cost?

Thanks.

Joe

EricCech

Yeah, I'm good to go. Looking forward to it! Do we have 3 in? You can send me an email at info@anandaapothecary.com

Thanks ~ Eric

joe

Hey Eric,

Looks like just me and you. Joanmarie want to wait until SM offer that for free.

David, please shoot us both your paypal email so we can each pay a $75 for the function to be done.

Thanks.

Joe

David Johns

Great - just send the payments to info@thesupermanager.com.  I should have something ready for you to try in the next day or two.  Look for version 1.3.3.3 to come out.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

joe

Hi David,

Would this function allow me to do the following?

automatically send a selected email template to a particular email address when the order status is "charged and shipped"? I mainly need this function so I can send an email to a outsider email parser my other CRM system.

Thanks.

Joe

David Johns

Joe,

It sends emails when orders are downloaded, not when they reach a particular status.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

EricCech

Hi,

Got the order confirmation email working well, have not gotten shipping confirmation to work perfectly, though we're really happy with the ability to send out very nice HTML confirmation emails!!! (Where has Yahoo been on this? So easy - thanks guys!)

Now that we have order status disabled on Yahoo's backend, we're getting these emails sent back to us: "An error occured while parsing your message: shipment status not activated. The body of your message follows below"... (the body is attached as a text document).

Order Processing Automation, Manual Order Shipped Email is set to 'Shipped'. Should 'On Order Change Prompt to Update Status to Yahoo' be set to 'never'?

Cheers and Thanks,
Eric