Error Exporting to Quickbooks - Colon issue

Started by mgs, May 16, 2009, 09:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgs

When I try exporting orders to Quickbooks, I receive the following error:

Order XXX: Error adding item 'XXX' subitem 'White': There was an error when storing "XXX:White" in the "item service name" field.  QuickBooks error message:  Names in this list cannot contain .  The colon is a special character used to indicate a parent/child relationship.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gabriel

David Johns

Grabriel,

Is item 'XXX' a real item?  Does it exist already in your QuickBooks file?  If so, what type is it?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mgs

XXX is not a real item, just an example.  The item already exists in Quickbooks and is a Service type.

David Johns

That's the problem.  SuperManager only supports making sub-items of inventoried and non-inventoried items.  Does this item have to be a service item or could you switch it to non-inventoried?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mgs

No, it doesn't need to be a Service item.  I'm not sure why it was entered that way in the first place, but I don't think there is a way to change the type of an existing Service item in Quickbooks, is there?

David Johns

Apparently there isn't a way to change from a service item to any other item type.  You can switch some item types, but apparently not this type.  Can you rename this existing item and create a new non-inventoried item by this name to use as the parent for the future sub-items?  Are you even wanting to have sub-items for each color?  By that I mean it will show up like:

XXX
∟White
∟Yellow
∟Green

etc...

If you don't want subitems like this you can solve the problem by just deleting the "Variants" for this product.  To do this, go to "View" | "Products" and select the product from the list (or all of them if you don't want any variants) and then choose "Actions" | "Variants" | "Delete All".  Then go to "View" | "Store Settings...", go to the "Account Export" tab and set "Automatically Create Variants Limit" to 0.  This will make SuperManager no longer what to create a sub-item underneath 'XXX' and it will use 'XXX' itself.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

mgs

Perfect, that did the trick.  I have no need to keep track of the Variants.

Thanks