customer invoice

Started by swtill, June 16, 2009, 06:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swtill

Hi, I process multiple orders per day and I would like to print invoices directly out of SM, however, the few times I have tried to print invoices, it has locked my system and required a hard shut down. So I have 2 questions: 1. how do we insert our logo into the invoice function 2. how do I get the invoice feature to work without locking up my whole system?

Thanks
Adam

David Johns

Adam,

SuperManager can run into issues with report templates made by some HTML editors.  Microsoft Word is the most notorious for causing problems.  Word (and probably other HTML editors) creates VERY messy HTML code that ends up confusing SuperManager.  If you post the template you are trying to use I can help you clean it up and resolve any problems with it.  You can just attach it right to the forum.

Adding your logo is a simple process.  If you use one of the default templates installed with SuperManager you just need to copy your logo to the folder SuperManager installs the default templates in ("C:\Program Files\SuperManager" by default) and rename it logo.jpg.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

Hi David,

Here is the Sales Receipt template that Adam was referring to in the individual post.  This report is locking up 2 different desktop PCs when run.

Also, the Phone and Fax number are not displaying (although they are populated within the Store Properties).

** Note: Figured out the logo (Thanks!).  Is there a specific dimension of graphic that works best?

David Johns

jabrein,

I tried out your report template and it seemed to work.  Do you have it set as an "Invoice" type report?  Does it work for some products/orders, but not for others?  I just downloaded the products from your website using the search engine xml file.  I then created a manual order in a blank database and it printed just fine.  We must have something different between our setups.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

jabrein

The report is set-up as an "Invoice" type.   The report is generated successfully, but Supermanager cannot be used after the report is run - SM completely locks up.   I just want to be clear that the issue is not creating the reports, it's using SM after a report / "default invoice" has been created.

Tried running the default invoice on a 3rd desktop today and everything runs correctly.  I'll have to compare SM Version #'s and see if there may be a difference there.   I'll also see if there is anything different between the reports.  (But as long as it is running fine on one PC, I'm set).

Regards,
Jeff

David Johns

Wow - that's quite odd.  Please let us know what you find.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com