News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

help on avoiding human error

Started by grr, June 16, 2009, 11:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grr

Hi guys!

Currently we pick our orders off the packing slip which you so kindly added the sorting capability to.  Love it :-)

I'm wondering if there would be some way for an additional packing slip to be printed.  I would need some special capabilities on this extra packing slip.

I need a packing slip which will indicate to the picker every item's unique manufacturers code.  Additionally some items are comprised of two parts ( a container & a separate lid).  Items which have two parts would need both manufacturer's item codes printed out.

Ask me questions if I have not explained myself clearly.

If there would be an extra charge of $100 or so to build this type of customized sheet, I will gladly pay for it

Thank you
Goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

There is a way to do what you are asking that you can try out.  If there are additional capabilities you need we can talk about developing those.  First thing would be to take a look at your products details screen for one of your products ("View" | "Products" then double click on one of your products on the list).  At the bottom left of the screen is a box showing all the variants that exist for that product.  If there are options for that product it may have a list of all the unique variants of those options you can have.  For example, if it was a T-shirt that comes in S, M and L and Red, Yellow and Blue it might have S-Red, S-Yellow, S-Blue, M-Red, M-Yellow, etc...  If these variants are not yet created (i.e. the list is empty) you can have SuperManager create them for you by pressing "Create All".  If you have no options you will still need a variant, but in that case the variant will just be the product code.

When you select a variant from that list, there is a set of fields on the right of the list that become active.  One of those fields is the "UPC".  You can fill in that UPC with the manufacturer item code(s) and then have it print on your picklist by using item_variant_upc.  You can also use the "Supplier Part Number" also shown there using variant_supplier_part.

Does that seem like it might work for you?
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Dear David:

Oh Wow!

Ok so I'm trying to work this out.

Nothing happen when I click "create all"

Tried manually typing in the UPC & alternative code but it won't save it.  Clicking the "lookup" button prompts me to first create the variables, but that button was not responding

But I was able to click on "add option list" & add the manufacturers code into  that spot.

I created a manual test order using my new adjusted item.  Both the ordering code & the manufacturers code now appear in my order.

The customer cannot see any of the manufacturers item codes.

I would need one sheet with the ordering codes for the customer.  This is how everything is printing right now & a second sheet which will show the manufacturers codes only  for our pickers.

Thank you
Goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

So was there anything in the list before you pressed the "Create All" button?  There should have been at least the product code before and/or after you pressed the button.

Until you have variants in the product and have a variant selected, adding a UPC or supplier part number will not get saved since these are saved on a variant level, not on the product level.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Dear David:

Ok,  my mistake was not highlighting the item code in the variable box.  After highlighting the item code, I was able to save the upc & manufacturers code into the variable box on the right.  Nothing happens when I click "create all".  Is a new screen supposed to appear?

I am remotely logging into the office computer, so i cannot see how the test page printed.

How should I proceed so that i may successfully print two versions of the packing list, one for the customers with the codes they know & one for our warehouse?  The warehouse pick sheet should have  both types of codes,

Thank you
Goldie

David Johns

Goldie,

The create all button just creates the variants.  If you are looking at a product without options there will just be one variant with the same name as the product code.  Since it was already on the list it means it probably created it again, but it wouldn't look any different than before you created it (again).

You can have SuperManager print more than one packing slip when orders are received.  Just go into the store settings and look at the reports tab.  You can tell it how many of each report you want it to print for new orders.

I can't tell, though are you wanting a packing slip for each order - or one that has several orders on it?  That would be what we call a picklist.  You can create a template for either type of report that would include the supplier part number/upc.  You just need to add another column to the item table with the variables I gave you the names for in a previous post.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Sorry for my slowness in grasping this.  Thanks for your patience.

We need a packing slip per order.  Not the picklist.

How do I add the extra column to the item table & how do i identify/name this column in the report?

Will i be able to have two different manufacturers codes appeat for one item?  (Code for the container & code for the lid)

Goldie

David Johns

SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

grr

Thank you!  Thank you!

This is fantastic.  What a help!  Now those picking mistakes will hopefully be history.

Goldie