Address-checking Error : Fixed - version 1.3.4.3

Started by youcancallmeal, July 08, 2009, 08:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youcancallmeal

Hi,

Is anyone else getting this same "Unknown error verifying address" error message? I've been getting it all morning. I've tried shutting down and rebooting SM to no avail. I've also checked the addresses. No misspellings, extra spaces or incompatible characters, etc. I've also been able to independently verify the addresses through USPS.

It may seem like a small problem but we use address-check on every order as one of our methods for  that the customer has not inadvertently sent their order to the wrong (or an undeliverable) address.

Thanks guys.    :-D
--
Mike

P.S.:  also, anyone else notice how the system always return a capital "S" on the Supermanager'S Standardized Name Capitalization function?

David Johns

Mike,

Is it still doing this?  I have checked it here and it seems to be working fine.  I'm wondering if the server could have been down earlier today and caused this.

Can you give me an example of the capitol 'S' issue?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

youcancallmeal

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back. First, the address-checking server issue seems to have cleared up and is, again, functioning fine. Thanks.

Regarding the Standardized Name Capitalization ("SNC") issue, whenever I have a customer who, say, has a company name with an apostrophe in it, e.g., "Christy's B&B," the result of the SNC function invariably, along with properly capitalizing, changes the name to "Christy'S B&B."

This started a while back after one of the software updates (don't remember when). It's not that big a deal... just one more item to add for correction to the next update

Thanks, as always.    :-D
--
Mike

David Johns

Mike,

Thanks for that.  I hadn't heard of this problem before.  It will be fixed in the 1.3.4.3 release.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com