Errors with Classes when exporting to QB

Started by anadler, June 05, 2009, 08:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anadler

I am trying to set up my SuperManager to export orders with the proper classes into QB.  I have the classes set up in the parent:child format in QB.

In SuperManager, I went into Store Settings --> Accounting Export tab

I set the Quickbooks Transaction Class to <parent>:<child> for the class I want.
I set the Quickbooks Line Item Class to <parent>:<child> for the class I want.

When I do my XML Exchange into QB, I get the following error and I can't seem to figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if this just doesn't work.   Is there a character limit on the class names?

**note that I substituted the actual class name for <parent>:<child> for the purposes of the message**

'<parent>:<child>' does not exist and an attempt to add it failed - Error adding class '<parent>:<child>': There was an error when storing "<parent>:<child>" in the "class name" field.  QuickBooks error message: Names in this list cannot contain a colon. The colon is a special character used to indicate a parent/child relationship.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

David Johns

Andy,

SuperManager can reference a class with a parent-child relationship, but it can't create them for you.  You will have to create these classes manually in QuickBooks, then SuperManager will be able to properly link them to the transactions it creates.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

anadler

David,

These classes are set up in QB already and I have been using them in other parts of the books.  I simply Copy/Pasted them into my Supermanager setting from QB and this is the messages that I get.

Thanks,
Andy 

David Johns

Andy,

I tested  a class with a subclass and was able to get it to work.  Are you certain there are no spaces to the left or right of the colon?  That would mess up the query for the class.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com