News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Invoice & Email Templates

Started by BSA, December 12, 2009, 07:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BSA

David/Mike,

Hi, I was looking for the sample templates for the invoice and email and what I see under the "email templates" tab is a text version. Where would I find the sample HTML templates with sample headers and footers (which are customizable to fit our logos etc) for both invoice and email? Thanks much!

Regards
Andy

David Johns

Andy,

Here is an example for a paypal payment request, which is an html email template:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=701.0

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

BSA

David/Mike

This is a pretty basic HTML email template. How do I inlcude a logo header and footer here? Where is the sample HTML invoice template?

Thanks
Andy

Mike Griggs

Hello Andy,
Here is a sample html packing slip/invoice template.
This is just a barebones sample to give you an idea of how to get started.
You will need to do the graphics and html design to modify tables, colors, graphics, etc.

This template will show a graphic logo if you save a graphic file called logo.jpg in the same folder as this packing slip.

Thanks!
Mike

David Johns

Andy,

Note as well that you can take the default invoice template, which is copied by the SuperManager installer to C:\Program Files\SuperManager\Invoice.html and copy the html code into an email template and it will send the exact invoice that SuperManager prints when you print this invoice template.  Since SuperManager does not have the ability to preview html email templates we recommend sending yourself a sample email by sending an email for a test order you have put through before sending it to customers.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

BSA

Mike/David,

Thanks much and let me start working on this and get back to you if I have any further questions.

Andy

BSA

Mike/David,

I have modified the email template and the invoice template as per your directions and ready to test drive it thru a test order.

Let me know as how I can create a test order thru SM and how to set the order confirmation email to be sent automatically to the email on order using the template I have just created.

Look forward to your quick response.

Thanks
Andy

BSA

Mike/David,

Also please let me know as how can I add the tracking info in the order confirmation email itself as how it is in the yahoo store order confirmation email:

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to
https://order.store.yahoo.net/OS/stat?...

I have added the email tracking password in SM.

Let me know soon.

Thanks
Andy

David Johns

Andy,

To create a test order you can just press the "New Order" button and it will create a new order in SuperManager - not  with Yahoo or other shopping carts.  Just make sure the email address is your own and you can send a sample invoice email to yourself.

Unfortunately adding the status link is not possible as far as I know.  The store-id and order number are distinguishable in the link, however, I'm not sure how they come up with the last string.  If you can figure that out or ask them how to generate it yourself and they are able to tell you - and it is information SuperManager has, adding it will likely be easy.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

BSA

David,

Thanks and I would speak with yahoo and see what they have to say. I have created a new order and clicked on send email to customer and selected the template I have created (I have copied the HTML code from the template I have created in Frontpage using the sales reciept template installed by SM).

The recieved email didn't look like the "sales reciept" template. I need to know as what is that I have to do to get it working.

Lastly please remove the status link I have posted in my previous comment as it is a real order and I do not want anybody else having access to it.

Let me know.

Thanks
Andy

David Johns

Andy,

I truncated the link above for you.

Can you please send me a trial email template?  Just change the test order you created to have info@thesupermanager.com as the email address and send that template to us.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

BSA

David,

Thanks for truncating the link. I have sent all the required info to your email info@supermanager.com

Get back to me on the phone or chat so that we can resolve this issue quickly and we can start using SM from monday onwards.

Thanks
Andy

BSA

David,

I'm awaiting your response on this. Look forward to your quick resolution.

Thanks
Andy