Exporting Orders with Item Codes that Have Changed (Follow-up Question)

Started by marcflood, August 06, 2009, 02:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcflood

I had a follow-up question to a problem I am having. I am using SuperManager to export my orders into QuickBooks. In QuickBooks I already have all of my product items which I uploaded via a spreadsheet.

My problem was that I changed a few of my item codes in the Yahoo store. Therefore some orders refer to old item codes. When I export from SML to QuickBooks the orders which contain item codes that changed do not export because they do not match.

The potential solution that I came up with is to change the item codes on the orders in the Yahoo Store so that they match the new item codes. Then I could grab the orders into SML and export them into QuickBooks. I tired this with one order (after backing everything up) and it did export that test order with the corrected item code.

Would I be screwing anything else up or does this sound like a viable solution?

Mike Griggs

Hello Marc,
That would probably work for you but you can also try changing the "Alternative Code" in the Product Details section of the Supermanager to "map" the new yahoo item codes to the correct QB item code.  Click link below for details on how to change your Alternative Codes.

This would just require you to enter these once and would save you time changing all of the products in your orders.

How to setup alternative Product Codes for Exporting to QB

Thanks!
Mike