Cannot Connect to [email] Server

Started by youcancallmeal, August 24, 2009, 01:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youcancallmeal

Hey y'all,

Anybody else having this problem? I keep getting the subject error message and am unable to send emails through the SM server.

At first I thought it was probably maintenance or the like but it's been over 1 week now. Anyone know whassup with that??

Thanks  :)
--
Mike

David Johns

Mike,

Did we actually set up an account for you on our mail server?  Normally you would just use an SMTP server you have through your ISP or Yahoo (although we don't normally recommend using the Yahoo server because it is really finicky).
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

livcom

We are having this same issue with connecting to the server. We use the Yahoo email server and send out emails via SM.

Is there a fix for this.

Thanks
Dee

David Johns

Deb,

We don't recommend using the Yahoo server because it is really finicky.  Do you have access to another SMTP server through your ISP?  Most ISPs host an SMTP server for sending emails from their network.  Please note that the server you send an email through does not impact how it appears to the receiver.  i.e. If you send an email through smtp.my_isp.com it can still come to the receiver as myemail@yahoo.com.

If you don't know if your isp has an smtp server you can use try using smtp.my_isp.com (where you replace my_isp with the name of your internet service provider ex: comcast, charter, etc...).  If that doesn't work you could try mail.my_isp.com.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com