Lag Time while running SM in Virtual PC from MAC

Started by thelampstand, September 15, 2009, 11:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelampstand

We just switched our SM over to a Mac that is running Virtual PC7 (a Windows Emulator program).  Everything I've installed has worked very well and at an optimal speed except SM.  While SM does work, it is extremely slow with long lag times in operations.

These are the frustrations I've come across today:

*It takes exactly 6 minutes each time to even open/load SM from start up.
*When charging CC it takes roughly 2-4 min just to charge one card.
*It takes over 5 min to update just one order status from SM to Yahoo store with Tracking Info.
*It takes over 5-7 min to download orders from the stores.

We currently have 3 stores we operate out of SM.  It has typically only taken seconds to a couple minutes to execute each of these tasks, with a total of maybe 30 minutes to do all of it with all 3 stores.  I've spent over 3 hours today just trying to get all of these to function correctly.  As I'm typing it is STILL updating order status/tracking info to the yahoo store on just our first store (I'm only updating 6 orders on this round)....So today has not been a fun day with this.

If someone could offer some help, guidance, etc, I'd be oh so grateful!! :)

Thanks!!

Tara Allhands
The Lamp Stand
www.thelampstand.com
www.thelampstandwholesale.com
www.rooster-decor.com
877-860-3725

Mike Griggs

Hello Tara,
Thanks for the feedback!
I hope that we can take a look at this and see if there's anything that we can do to improve things.

Our software was designed and developed to be run on a computer with Windows based architecture.
While emulator software is out there it's just not quite the same.

Our software works closely with Internet Explorer to perform tasks.
Do you have internet explorer updated on the emulator?

This would be the first place that I would look.

Let me know what you find.

Also, I would continue to operate your businesses on a Windows based machine until you have tried and tested the windows emulator environment and have worked out all of the kinks.

Thanks and please keep us posted!
Mike

thelampstand

Mike,

I upgraded IE to v8.  That helped some.  SM opens in about a min now.  SM is now communicating with IE and it goes through the motions when orders are updated. However it is still taking a long time to update and charge.  It takes about 2 min to charge CC for one order.  Canceling also takes a few minutes to take effect as well.
Also, I moved the SM file to my Mac locally. 

Thanks,
Tara

David Johns

Tara,

What settings are available for the emulator?  Can you put together a list and I can give some guidance about what things are likely to impact it and which ones likely not to matter?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

thelampstand

It is Virtual PC7, running Windows XP Pro.  It lets me do anything like I'm on a regular Windows PC.  Not sure what you are looking for in the way of settings.  Can you give me an example?

Thanks,
Tara

David Johns

Tara,

Honestly I'm kind of shooting in the dark.  SuperManager is design to work on a native Windows environment.  Strictly speaking we don't support running it on another environment.  I'd like to help you get it to work, nonetheless.  SuperManager relies heavily on the "COM" library for interfacing with Internet Explorer.  It also uses Windows' messaging service for everything it does.  I thought there could be some settings you could adjust in the emulator that could determine how these interfaces are allowed to run.  If not, I'm not sure there is anything I can do to get it to work for you.

Sorry,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com