Importing Tracking number to Quickbooks? help

Started by awa, October 15, 2009, 08:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awa

Hello, I'm tring to get the tracking number to show up on the invoice in quickbooks, but I can not figure this out. Can anyone help I'm sure it just a id need to be place somewhere, but where?

Thanks
BH
AWA

Mike Griggs

Hello,
You can use the "memo" field to pass over information like this..
Here's what you need to do..

1. In the SuperManager, click "View->Program Settings" and then click the "XML Exchange" tab
2. Click on "Quickbooks" in the list
3. In the "Memo field for exported orders" text box please add the following text..
Tracking Number - shipment_tracking_id
4. Next, click "OK" to close the window.

When you export to QB the tracking number will show up in the memo field.

Thanks!
Mike

awa

Thanks Mike, this does get the info into QB however this memo field does not print with the invoice, do you know how to fix?

AWA

David Johns

AWA,

You should be able to customize your sales receipt/invoice template using button on the QuickBooks receipt or invoice form shown in the attached picture.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

awa

We have tried to customize the form but the memo is not printing, it shows up only in the ledgers etc.
also on the invoice at the bottom but it will not print out on the invoice. The memo is for our eye only I guess.?...

AWA

David Johns

I guess you are right.  I had  the memo field was one of the fields you could turn on for printing, but it looks like its not.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

awa

This is not a hugh problem but it would be nice, as some times we have to email the customer the invoice and it would be nice if the tracking number would be on it too.

Do you know of another way to have it show up? using the code shipper_track_id

qbsrox

You can create a Statement and send that ... the Memo will show up as a line item on the statement form.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com