SM stops working after we try to print one of the HTML files.

Started by awa, October 15, 2009, 03:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awa

Program stops working after printing any thing come SM

our setup is Vista

Thanks AWA

David Johns

AWA,

This is probably a result of the template you are using.  Have you modified it from one of the standard templates?  If so, can you attach it to your reply (using the "Additional Options..." button when you post your reply) or email it to us?
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

awa

We are using the template that came with the program. I'll see if I can copy and send it to you tommorrow.

David Johns

AWA,

If you are just using one of the standard templates without modifying it at all this should not be happening to you.  What we get every once in a while is a template that someone has modified in microsoft word behaves this way.  Word writes very confusing HTML code that ends up hanging up SuperManager while it is looking for the field codes it needs to find and replace.

If you are using an unmodified template I would suggest it may be caused by anti-virus software.  SuperManager is using the "COM (Component Object Model)" interface of Internet Explorer to print reports.  Sometimes anti-virus software tries to prevent access to this interface since malware programs can use it to do harmful things.  Do you have anti-virus software that could be interfering?  Try disabling it temporarily to see if that is what is causing this behavior.  If so, we can work on how to leave it enabled while allowing SuperManager to do what it needs to.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

awa

I disable the anti virus and still doesn't work. We are running on a Vista machine.
SM does process the form and opens a Internet explorer but doesn't print, and when you try to go back to SM it will not respond, it does nothing. I have to use the task manager to stop the program and then restart it.

AWA

David Johns

SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

awa

I've followed instrctions in last post and everything is working.

Thanks a million.
AWA