Allow import of tracking numbers that will print in QB : Added - version 1.3.6.2

Started by awa, October 21, 2009, 08:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awa

Being able to inport Tracking numbers into QB on the Invoice and Sales Forms that will print with the form.

David Johns

Do you have a proposal on the field we would use for this?  Perhaps the "Ship Via" field?  Other ideas?
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

awa

Well there is a 'Other' field listed that can be renamed, This would be a good option, but if we could have the option of selecting either other or ship via this would be a added benefit too, if it can be done that way.

I'm using QB pro 2008, I'm  that the 'Other' field is available in new and older versions.

AWA :-)

David Johns

Looks like we have a snag on both of those approaches.  I forgot that the ShipMethod is only a 15 character field and it is a reference to a list, which would quickly get filled up if we put the unique tracking numbers there.  The "Other" field is not supported in the QuickBooks "SDK", which is how we connect to QuickBooks.  The only other thing I can think of is to add it as the last line of the address or as the description for the shipment line item.  Either of these ideas appeal to you?
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

awa

The last would be the best I think, I was going to add that suguestion myself. If you are able to add it to the description  of the line item, I think that would be best.

qbsrox

I think the 2nd option would also be better ... might run into problems using the last address line.  Adding it to the shipment line items sounds like a really good option.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

David Johns

We've added this in the latest beta release, 1.3.6.2.  Go to "View" | "Program Settings" | "XML Exchange Formats" and choose "QuickBooks" from the list.  You'll see two new options down there to set the description for the shipping and payment items.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com