News:

SMF - Just Installed

Main Menu

Preview not working

Started by livcom, July 27, 2009, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livcom

After we downloaded the 1.3.4.4 version, we have not been able to preview our emails before we send these out. Instead what is happening is that everytime we try to get a print preview, SM opens another IE webpage with the packing slip.

After we close the new webpage that opened up, SM is NOT accessible. It does not work with click or anything.

We usually send the packing slip as a pdf to our warehouse to be included with the shipment. We don't send these directly from SM as some emails are only accept txt. But sending them as a pdf is acceptable by all.

Please help.
Dee

David Johns

Dee,

If I understand correctly - you are printing a report to a pdf printer and then attaching the pdf to an email you send with outlook or another mail program.  If so, can you please let me know a few things about your setup:
1. What version of internet explorer do you have installed?
2. What report template are you using? If it has been customized from the default templates can you please post it in your response?  (Choose "Additional Options" when posting a response and it will let you attach files)
3. What settings do you have for the template you are printing?  Go to "View" | "Store Settings...", click on "Reports" and select the template you are printing.  Let me know what type it is set to.
4. What version of windows are you using?

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

livcom

David,
Ok.. this is what I have...

1. IE 8.0
2. Printing the standard Packslip File that is included with SM (see attached)
3. Type of Report is "Packing Slip"
4. Windows Vista

Hope this is enough for you to see what could be going wrong.
Thanks for your help.
Dee

David Johns

Dee,

Not sure exactly what the problem is since most of this is the same configuration that we have tested over and over again.  The one thing I can suggest to try is making sure you have the following windows vista settings correct:

http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=362.0

http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php?topic=360.0

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

livcom

David,
After I corrected the issue with your 1st fix, it worked...

Thank you for the fast replys.
Regards
Dee