Declared Value calculation discussion

Started by thammer, December 01, 2009, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thammer

I have read the discussions on the board regarding declared value and read the manual.

I am not exactly clear on how declared value is calculated, and the declared value The Supermanager arrives at for our orders almost never matches the order total.

1) If an item has options with a price increase, the new price (with option) is not reflected in declared value.  

I have many listings of items that have a base price, and also size options that have higher prices, but the declared value is alway the base price.

2)  Items that were at full price when The Supermanager downloaded the item details, then were put on sale later,  still use the full price when calculating declared values.

There may be other variations that I have not found, but these two seem to be consistent an result in a declared value that does not equal the order total.

David Johns

Todd,

The declared value is calculated by adding up the declared value of each of the products that are in the order.  If you go to the product list and double click on a product, look for the "Declared Value" field.  When you recieve your first order for a product this is copied from the base price at that time.  When you update products from your Yahoo list it is also copied from the base price.  Since this value is unique to SuperManager it does not copy over it once this value has been .  You can change it manually in the product details screen, but importing orders or products will not overwrite it.
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

thammer

David Johns

Todd,

Some people want to  a different value to products than what the customer paid for purposes of customs or insurance.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com