Can't Get SuperManager to Integrate with QuickBooks

Started by SUPERBREAKERS, December 30, 2009, 12:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SUPERBREAKERS

I Can't get QuickBooks to integrate with SuperMAnager after downloading and installing the QuickBooks plugins from the manual. It says that the administrator must give initial access, but there is no prompt to grant the access. Need some help here  Anybody???

David Johns

At any time you can go in and adjust permissions for integrated applications by going in QuickBooks to "Edit" | "Preferences..." and selecting the "Integrated Applications" section.  Make sure to select the "Company Preferences" tab.  When you go there does SuperManager appear on the list?  If so, you can select it and press the "Properties" button and check the settings as shown in the screenshot attached.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

amishphoto

David, I may be ahead of myself but when going to Quick Books Integrated Applications and Clicking on Company Preferences, SuperManger DOES NOT appear. In fact, no applications appear.  What do I do in this situation?  I too am trying to connect SuperManger to my Quick Books Pro 2008 account. I am using Americart as well. Please shed some light on this if you can.
Many thanks!
Noah

David Johns

Noah,

Have you taken a look at the quick start guide?  I think that will help you get the basics about how it works:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/smliteqb_qsguide.pdf

Let us know if you need more .

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

amishphoto

Thanks David -- this should be useful!
Noah :-)

qbsrox

First, QuickBooks must be open and logged in as Admin. 

The initial connections are always established by the 3rd party program requesting permission to QB's the first time (all 3rd party apps will work this way).  So within the program you will send the request to establish the link; there will be a pop-up box in QB's that will ask you to grant or deny access.  Actually there are 2 screens and then a 'successful' dialog box at the end.

Once you establish the initial connection, the programs will show up in your Preferences>Integrated Applications list; this is also where you would go to remove an application. 

Hope that helps a bit.
Rox
Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
www.consulting4qb.com

waitstuff

We got a new system and just went through hours of this problem. Did the two install's over and over in many ways, restarted blah blah blah. The instalation was showing successful at the end but I noticed that the QBFC5 files were not showing up my computers (add/remove) programs. So we logged in as administrator and installed again and the program did show up. But when we logged back in as my regular user it was not there. We had to give the user admin rights temporarily to get it installed. After that it worked like a charm, as soon as we tried to export quickbooks promted us to add SuperManager to the integrated users... And just so you know, our system is:

windows 7
Quickbook Enterprise 11.0
Quickbooks and SuperManager hosted on a server

David Johns

waitstuff,

Sorry to hear it was such a pain for you getting it working again with your new computer.  We were not aware that you had to have administrator rights to install QBFC5.  I'll add this information to our documentation so that in the future user's don't have to go through this frustrating and time consuming process.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com

David Johns

All,

While I'm at it, let me add to what Rox shared.  Here is a complete list of requirements for connecting SuperManager to QuickBooks for the first time:

1. You have to have QuickBooks opened and the file that you want to export to needs to be opened.
2. You have to logged into QuickBooks as admin (as Rox stated).
3. You have to make sure to switch over to single-user mode (This is what caused the problem at SuperBreakers.  Sorry I never posted the solution back)
4. You have to go into SuperManager under "View" | "Store Settings..." on the "Accounting Export" tab, scroll down the list of "Export Settings" until you find "QuickBooks File Path" and clear out any file path that is there so that this setting is blank.  The first time  you connect, the connection request has to be done without trying to pass a path to the filename you want to interface with.

With all of these conditions met, as long as the QuickBooks SDK runtimes mentioned here:
http://www.thesupermanager.com/forum/index.php/topic,360
are installed, it should connect.  After that initial connection takes place you can use SuperManager in multi-user mode and can also enter a file path in the location mentioned above so that you don't even have to have QuickBooks opened when you transfer orders from SuperManager.

Thanks,
David
SuperManager Support
info@thesupermanager.com